Best Reason for Collecting a Certain Player??

I was thinking about this today. I collect David Wright because he's a Met and Vlad Guerrero because I think he's amazing. I'm sure a lot of people have players they collect for similar reasons.

However, I also collect Beau Jones. My reason? It's a little wierd.
    My wife's maiden name is Jones and she had a dog she loved named Beau (which she actually spelled like this). The canine Beau passed away a few months ago, and when I saw my Beau Jones BCDP card, I knew he was someone I would collect. It got her interested in it too, which I guess lets me spend more on cards :)

Just wondering if anyone else had an interesting reason for collecting a player.

Thanks for the read,
    Andrew

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    I collect my favorite players from any given sport. No other reason really.

I collect Angel Berroa, someone most people either don't know of or doesn't care about.

In 2003, I received a box of cards and happened to pull 2 of his GU cards. Right then, I Started to collect... Then it cooled off once he won the ROY because his cards sky rocketted and put me off...

Now, I grab up most of his cards... And even though his cards have gone down sharply, I still collect because he still is an ok player. I figure, maybe oneday he will start playing good again and I'll have something. Or whenever someone finds my collection in 40-50 years, he might be worth something because I will probably be the only one to have collected and saved his cards...

I do not know that there is a best reason to collect a certain player. However, I collect Ty Cobb because he is the greatest player in Detroit Tigers history, and the Detroit Tigers are my favorite baseball team.

-Lewis
    Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson, Tom Brady
    ”Bruise Brothers”, “Grind Line”, “Russian 5”
    Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan, Mike Modano
    “Motor City Bad Boys”, “Fab 5”, Michael Jordan, Penny
    Mike Tyson, Brian Stann, CM Punk, Tiger Woods

Nothing atypical about my reasoning behind collecting Jason Schmidt. I'm a die-hard Giants fan and he's the best Giants pitcher in my lifetime.

I really only focus on autos of my hometown teams (Boston/New England)
    But I do hold on to some players, just because....
    I have a small collection of Jeremy Shockey, I just liked his style of play.
    I pulled like 4 real nice T-mac patches within a span of 2 weeks awhile ago, so I kinda like his stuff.
    Travis Best- I played against him in High school (he was Senior, I was sophmore, game was actually on ESPN)
    I also have quite a few Ex Duke Players autos/GU, because I am a Duke fan.