Thread: Wouldn't It be Nice

Wouldn't It be Nice

Look at this article from the Beckett site.

http://www.beckett.com/news/index2.asp?a=4447&s=1

Wish I had that kind of money, and those cards!!

wow...thats pretty cool!!

I have to say on the other hand though, how much fun would collecting really be if you had that much money to spend?? I bet the guy has no idea how "thrilling" it is to make a trade for a $50 card you have been dying to get your hands on but couldn't afford!!

That is a very sweet set though!! Thanks for the article TexasGuy!! :)

Peace,
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

I have money to spend on cards, however, I don't have a LOT of money as you may expect. I do buy boxes every other week (usually) and have gotten good pulls that way. It's always fun opening them.

Tim

That is a impressive four cards, and even more impressive is the amount of money he spent to get them. Not just to buy the four he has but to crack all of those cases at over $1000 each. I would love to buy that many cases of any product and just open and open packs. That is what this whole thing is all about, along with making that trade for the cards of players you really want.

It is impressive, and an interesting read...thanks for the link, Texasguy. But, something is a bit out of whack where a guy would go to that extreme, and spend that much money, on cards Donruss produced in 2003. And, don't think for a minute that the guy won't sell the set of four for a handsome profit...that seems to be what his "journey" was about, not collecting.

DOH. Those are some sweet sweet cards. Even though I don't collect baseball I would die to have a set like that one. All I can say is way to go to him for what he has accomplished (sp). Now all I need to do is get all of the J.R. Redmond 1 of 1's I can get and I would be happy. hehe. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

That has to be one of the most amazing card accomplishments. I wish I had that type of disposable money to throw away on something like that. It will definetly be worth more than double what he paid for it as a set though. Who really cares what set it came from, as long as it is a reputable company, and the design is nice though.

WOW!