Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Which case to purchase

SCF Rewards
    Country

Which case to purchase

Hey Guys,
    I've really slowed down (Well, practically stopped LOL) my card collecting, but every once in a while I still get the itch. I wanna crack a case of something, but I don't want to have a bunch of crap lying around (So please, no suggestions of Score, OPC, etc). In your opinions, what is the best case to crack in regards to my criteria; 1. Hard Signed Autos, 2. Quality RC's (So no Game-Used, Artifacts, etc). I have ZERO interest in GU cards or parallels as those can always be found in dollar bins. Also, I have ZERO interest in ITG unless it's a product that has hard-signed auto's (So... nothing ITG LOL).

Please keep in mind that money isn't really an issue, so any high-end case suggestion would be a good one. Also, if you could suggest best place to get the case(s) that would be great as well. Keep in mind I live in Canada (Vancouver) so I honestly don't feel like getting a great deal on a case and then paying 40% in duties, tax, etc.

Thanks and let the suggesting begin!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

PRIME or Cup, depends on how much you want to spend.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Based on your criteria:

Panini Contenders 11/12 (Not the big name rookies this year, but the cards are well designed, and there is 4-5 hard signed patches per box + a booklet with at least 4 autos (all sticker though))
    SPA - Hard signed rookie autos, patches, and the odd insert.
    Ultimate 11/12 - Big rookies, chance at a shield, although there are some cheaper GU, they are at least dual or a huge swatch. No sticker autos. Cases are really solid with great patches and autos
    Panini Prime - Kind of like OPC Premier, the quad rookie jersey autos, but the autos bubble on some cards. If you want insane patches however, go with this.
    The Cup - typical highend RC autos, everything is on card, few dollar bin cards
    Dominion - cheaper than The Cup, but tons of good stuff in it. It's Panini's high end product, last year there were the dollar bin jerseys in there, but the auto parallels sold really well. Not released yet.

Based on your stuff, I'd say Ultimate. Big name autos. As far as a place to buy in Canada, I have no clue, product could be pretty hard to find.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Well if you want hard signed and you want rookies SPA seems like a fit.

Hard signed CHECK
    Rookies CHECK
    No game used Check (except for 3-4 patch auto's thats the only game used)
    No Parallels Check (Unless you count the rookie extended series)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmmmm... SP Authentic might be the way to go. My concern was the common cards, but honestly, I suppose I could just throw those in the garbage or something. That might not be a bad way to go. Any 1/1's in SPA?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Hmmmm... SP Authentic might be the way to go. My concern was the common cards, but honestly, I suppose I could just throw those in the garbage or something. That might not be a bad way to go. Any 1/1's in SPA?

Nope. I could see you liking Ultimate because of the checklist, and the chance at 1/1s.

btw, try donate the cards you don't want to charity, there are a few out there ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

IMO - SPA you will be left with too much crap

Dominion looks awesome this year from what we've seen so far. You also get 1 rookie auto patch in every pack of Dominion now. I just think it will be a very solid product.

Im sure im the only one, but Prime doesnt look too good to me. Alot of jerseys, kind of just copied OPC Premier, but made the cards more cluttered looking.

If you want to bust now, the Vancouver Bossa show is next weekend ( Sunday Sept. 23 ) at the Bonsor Community Center across from metro town. There will be sealed Cup cases for you to bust there, at the lowest prices ive seen in our area
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Contenders or prime IMO ):)
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards