Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

My Bishop's Sermon on Homosexuality (A must read)

Yesterday my bishop at my church did a special sermon on homosexuality. He was very detailed. He talked about the history of homosexuality in the bible, the history of homosexuality in america, why homosexuality is immoral and stats on homosexuals in the united states. He also talked about how God intended for man to be with woman not the same gender. He also talked about God's love and how he loves the sinner but hates the sin. He talked about how the Black church often turns a blind eye towards homosexuality. He said that some parents of gay church members even some gays themselves asked him to deliver the message. He told a story about a mother finding out her son was gay then finding out that he has HIV. He talked about how man is the head of the household and in a gay relationship how can their be a head with two people of the same sex. He quoted OT and new testament verses that probibited homosexuality such as leviticus 18:22, Deutoromy 23:17 and Romans 1:24-32. He also told the story in Judges 19:22-30 when homosexuals wanted to rape a male visitor of a prophet house. The prophet said no you cannot rape this man but you may have my wife instead. The crowd then took his wife and raped and killed her. Finally Bishop said do not take his sermon as a message of hate but a message of hope. He said that we are all in this together and are struggling with some form of sin. I really enjoyed this sermon and learned a lot.

Also FTW even though I agree with my bishop that God is displeased with homosexuality I do not think that it should be illegal and still believe that homosexuals are entitled to every legal right that straight people are entitled to. So what are your thoughts.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I assume you are speaking of the history of the homosexual "movement" in the US and not just homosexuality itself.

He spoke of why it is immoral. What did he say? why does he think it is immoral?

I just love bible stories. What a great prophet, to sacrifice his wife to the homosexuals rather than let them rape a stranger and commit sin in doing so. Gotta love stories with a moral in them. Did it ever cross the prophet's mind that maybe he should refuse to let them rape anyone? Sounds like rape isn't a concern as long as it is hetrosexual rape.

Man is the head of the household? You should tell your bishop to join us in the 21st century. A household has parents and children. Parents are the head. One sex does not have an inherent right to be the head. That's archaic.

I'm GLAD I am not learning what you are being taught.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I assume you are speaking of the history of the homosexual "movement" in the US and not just homosexuality itself.

He spoke of why it is immoral. What did he say? why does he think it is immoral?

I don't know why but both the Bible and the Qu'ran both speak against homosexuality. For whatever unkown reasons it is clear that God despises it. My theory is that God sees it as a waste of time and that one could be creating a family instead of engaging in homosexual relations.

I just love bible stories. What a great prophet, to sacrifice his wife to the homosexuals rather than let them rape a stranger and commit sin in doing so. Gotta love stories with a moral in them. Did it ever cross the prophet's mind that maybe he should refuse to let them rape anyone? Sounds like rape isn't a concern as long as it is hetrosexual rape.

Man is the head of the household? You should tell your bishop to join us in the 21st century. A household has parents and children. Parents are the head. One sex does not have an inherent right to be the head. That's archaic.

It is not just my bishop but the majority of Abrahamic faiths teaches that man is the head of the household. Again that is how God has it set up.

I'm GLAD I am not learning what you are being taught.

Responses in bold.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

So when he spoke of WHY it is immoral, what did he actually say? Just that God is against it? He gave no other reasons?

That is how MEN say God has it set up. How convenient for all the men in charge. I'm afraid all those Abrahamic faiths are teaching something that is obviously wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

This is one reason I am against homosexual marriage, is that my view on marriage is making a family, and you need opposite genders to do so in the natural world.

Otherwise I would like to think those homosexuals who helped me finish staining my deck this weekend. Though you may not be married, I still consider you a couple and believe you deserve the same rights as I do, even though they differ from my personal thoughts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So when he spoke of WHY it is immoral, what did he actually say? Just that God is against it? He gave no other reasons?

That is how MEN say God has it set up. How convenient for all the men in charge. I'm afraid all those Abrahamic faiths are teaching something that is obviously wrong.

Since the holy books only say that God is against homosexuality w/o giving a reason why that is all we have to go by. If you or anyone else are truley interested in knowing why God hates homosexuality I suggest that you get on your knees and pray to God that he will give you an answer to your questions.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

This is one reason I am against homosexual marriage, is that my view on marriage is making a family, and you need opposite genders to do so in the natural world.

Otherwise I would like to think those homosexuals who helped me finish staining my deck this weekend. Though you may not be married, I still consider you a couple and believe you deserve the same rights as I do, even though they differ from my personal thoughts.

So you would be against sterile couples marrying. You would be against my uncle marrying because he took his vows with no intention to ever have children. You would be against my sister-in-law and her husband's marriage because they have never wanted kids. Seems like a very narrow view.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Since the holy books only say that God is against homosexuality w/o giving a reason why that is all we have to go by. If you or anyone else are truley interested in knowing why God hates homosexuality I suggest that you get on your knees and pray to God that he will give you an answer to your questions.

I am only interested in what your bishop had to say about it. I do not believe your God is against it. So therefore, I have no interest in trying to get an answer from Him. Once again, all we have is what MEN say God said.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Since you are both responding to this thread, what is your take on the Judges 19:22-30 story? What kind of a message is the Bible sending in this story. Don't commit a homosexual act, take my wife instead. It's absurd. Yet you find it throughout the Bible. Isn't a better message, stop the homosexuals from raping ANYONE?

SCF Rewards
    Country

To answer this thread prohibitions against homosexuality and gay marriage are only because of relgion. Not all of us share the same religion. Since America seperates the church from the state there is absolutely no reason why the state cannot santion a gay marriage. For example I don't believe that God would be happy with ME having a homosexual marriage/relationship that is why I don't participate in such. However my beliefs do not give me the right to tell another adult how to live his/her life as he/she sees fit.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 09-17-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast