Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country
    Cincinnati Bengals New York Rangers NULL

Dustin Hoffman's character in Rainman has a backpack full. Don't remember if you can actually see what cards they are, though.

And I'm glad you're sticking with the book version of Needful Things. Are you going to buy it autographed?

No. I have the card incoming.

If you know of any show or movie that has a specified card used as a prop, please let me know! I don't know what I am going to do about the Willie Mays (Deep Space 9). It was definitely a reprint, but it was supposed to depict the real thing. I know in ST:TNG "The Most Toys", that 1962 Topps Maris card was the actual card owned by Gene Rodenberry. It was in EX condition as you can see the chipping on the boarder.

But yeah, any baseball card that was specified in a movie or TV show. Thanx!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am starting a collection of cards that were actually shown in the movies and on TV. I have a few but they are not scanned yet. I will probably scan them some time this month. I thought this specific genre might be interesting to pursue. Any additional help is useful and will be appreciated. Please note I am not going after movie-made cards like Mr.Baseball's Jack Elliot. I am only going after the movies/shows that used the actual cards as a prop.

TV
    ST:TNG "The Most Toys" - 1962 Topps Roger Maris

Movies
    "Diminished Capacity" - T206 Wildfire Schulte, 1976 Topps Ken Reitz

"Needful Things" - 1956 Topps Sandy Koufax (incoming) (note: I know in the movie the card was replaced by a 1956 Topps Mantle, but I will stay with King's version of the story)

dont forget the hank aaron rookie card from sandlot when the kid talks to babe ruth

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See helmsbr's Items on eBay

Cool idea

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See superfly0914's Items on eBay

The only one I remember from Rain Man is a Ted Kluszewski. I think it was either a 1955 or 1956 Topps.

Hidden Content | NFL HOF Player RC Collection: 221/284 (76.8%)
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Always looking for vintage stars/semistars/rookies in all sports.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sanford and Son: I will have to check to find the name of the episode but it was the one where some kid was either staying with them or helping out around the shop. I do remember the card was a 1955 Hank Aaron and while you can't actually see the card very good, they do make mention of it. I would assume that being it was the mid 70's there was a good possibility it was the actual card and not a reprint.

SCF Rewards
    Country

oh yea and and the movie " Swindle " There is a t-206 Honus Wagner in that one =) Good lucking scooping that one up =)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ofallonite's Items on eBay

The cards in Rain Man were all Cincinnati Reds cards. 53-57 as I recall.
    Last edited by stlcardsfan; 11-06-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: my perogative

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC(104)
    Country
    See mikethebulldog's Items on eBay

The movie Blast from the past has a bunch of rare cards in it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)
    Country
    Cincinnati Bengals New York Rangers NULL

Daunting task. I will try my best to obtain whatever was mentioned - except for the Wagner. Eek!

Much appreciated!
    Last edited by Covet; 11-18-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: No Wagner unless I hit the lottery.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If I remember correctly, in Home Alone with Macauley Culkin when he's looking through his brother's stuff on the shelf after he gets left at home, I think there are cards in the tin he opens. You'd probably have to freeze-frame the shot to try and see which specific cards they are, but I think there were cards in the tin he opens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12