Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wellfoundgem's Items on eBay

SCF - Advice on Trading PLEASE!!

Ok i always concidered myself to be an easy guy to trade with, but I recently had a run in with a trader who i thought made no sense at all, I hate to put someone on blast so i took out the names, but heres the actual conversation, Im wondering if anyone would take the time to read this and comment on the trade itself, both of our trade etiquite, and let me know if I am doing something wrong here, or if i am dealing with a difficult trader. thanks for your help!

[HIM] Hi, Thanks for your post, I'll check out your bucket but in the meantime the cash/paypal price I'm looking for is around $500. If you're interested in buying and can pay in CDN Paypal, the price would be $475 with Expresspost included.

The last 2 on Ebay with 3 colors sold for $500 each:

Thanks,
    Brian.

[ME] yah Brian, thats a fair price! i am interested for sure, I have a seguin ice rookie /99 could we do that + paypal?

[HIM] Just wondering if we're still working on a deal, there's a couple of others who are interested but are on hold since you contacted me first.
    Please let me know either way, thanks.
    Brian.

[ME] how about the seguin ice and 125 paypal? the seguin ice rookies are going pretty strong right now, i am really interested in this deal, thanks.

[Him] I'll Pass Thanks

[ME] can you please counter offer i am looking to make a deal not go back and forth a lot

[Him] I don't think we're in the same zone in regards to the Seguin Ice. The last ungraded copy sold on Ebay went for $164.00. I'd be looking for $325 cash + the Seguin based on that sale.

[ME] i dont mean to offend you, but some of the seguin ice rookies were printing to /499 in error, and the one you are looking at is one of them, and it still sold for 160... the /99 rookies are selling nearly 500 graded, and would sell around 350 ungraded, most of them grade pretty high so it could be a chance to get a nice deal on your part, but really do some research, your not even looking at the same card. let me know, and if you dont like the seguin i likely have something else you would like

[HIM] I know that Andrew, but the completed Ebay listings only showed 1 BGS 9.5 that sold for $500 and the error one that sold for $164. I'm not sure where else I'm supposed to find accurate pricing since I don't follow Ice rookies. To be honest, I am slightly offended with your assumption that I don't do any research.

[ME] Brian, I'm not sure if the context of what I'm typing is making me sound hostile, but i feel no hostility whatsoever, I honestly was just trying to tread lightly in having you "do research yourself" rather than try to impose a value on my card when you were unsure about it. I'm sorry if i'm frustrating you or something, heres some info that i found on the card.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tyler-Seguin-2010-11-Upperdeck-Ice-Bgs-Gem-Mint-9-5-48-99-/160868109480?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 5747c8ca8

is a completed lising of which im sure you have seen.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2010-11-Upper-Deck-ICE-Premieres-Rookie-Card-105-TAYLOR-HALL-RC-Number-02-99-/261088310894?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item3 cca13766e

here is an ungraded hall (which im sure sells for a little more than seguin)
    to be honest a lot of people who collect seguin own the ice rookies /99 so there wont be a lot of them for sale or to compare to...
    I have absolutely no problem with putting effort in, doing research, providing details, truth is theres not a lot i can show you as far as evidence of sales, I really and honestly mean no offense when i say for you to do research to find out for yourself, I would advise anyone who is dealing high end cards to do the same, I myself do that. I wouldn't want you to take my word for it, is all im saying. I was thinking ask some traders you know well, see what they think.. and get back to me, I honestly meant no harm at all, and would still love to trade with you.

[HIM] I'll still consider an offer from you if you want to make one, but the exclusivity I was giving you will no longer apply. I have 8 others who have emailed me offering BGS 9.5 Tavares Ice /99, Eberle Ice /99, Eberle YG HG to Crosby Patch Autos. I will now be responding to their offers and taking the best deal I can find.

[ME] My offer was a Seguin Ice /99 RC and 125 paypal, if your counter offer is still the Seguin +325 cash then i will have to decline, otherwise let me know. thanks

[HIM] I'm just not interested enough in the Seguin Ice to agree to an offer like that. I'm going to pass.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

I know your feeling. I've had a member get mad simply because I wont fold to a completely lopsided deal that was way too much in his favor. He refused to even tweak it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wellfoundgem's Items on eBay

I could keep putting up offers at this point, but im wondering if there is even any point or if dealing with someone who is like this is just a waste of time.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

sounds like your both way off in each others eyes, not saying either person is right or correct or better, just not seeing eye to eye, so I think its time to move on for you
    if its mena to happen he will contact you once again but dont wait around for him

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Having dealt with both of you more than once, I'm pretty confident in saying that neither of you has an issue when it comes to trade etiquette.

It sounds to me like there was a misunderstanding in his interpretation of what you'd said regarding research, and now it seems like he just doesn't have the same value that you do on the Seguin. I don't think either of you are in the wrong here.

As for how to proceed, I'd just say that you should throw your best offer out there and see what happens.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

There are far too many people in the card trading World that actually believe that because "They" are holding a specific card, it has to be worth much more than anything anybody else has.

I just called a new trade out on here out the other day on his own thread, as he was charging a "Premium" on his inserts and parallels. He posted the book price, then had the audacity to ask for between 2 and 5 dollars more than BV in trade value on cards that were really nothing special.

These types are best left in their own little world.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I agree with Craig.

Having dealt with both of you more than once, I'm pretty confident in saying that neither of you has an issue when it comes to trade etiquette.

It sounds to me like there was a misunderstanding in his interpretation of what you'd said regarding research, and now it seems like he just doesn't have the same value that you do on the Seguin. I don't think either of you are in the wrong here.

As for how to proceed, I'd just say that you should throw your best offer out there and see what happens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

There was no deal to be made (that included this card ) after he said "you were not in the same zone " re the Seguin Ice /99.

That is when to stop next time.

You are hoping to make a trade not win a debate as to who's valuation of a Seguin Ice Rookie /99 is more correct.

BANNED

Country

I don't think he was being difficult like Its been said looks like a misunderstanding on the research part, and if he doesn't like the seguin that much can't blame him for not taking the deal, but at the same time you also didn't do anything impolite either. Sometimes these things just happen

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

much ado about nothing. made an offer for what sounds like a desired card, he obviously wasn't too interested, no biggie, move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast