Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

eBay sellers- I need your advice

Trading has been slow lately, so I'm thinking of selling some of my cards on eBay. I've never done this before. What should I know before going in?

I already have a Paypal account set up and a 134 positives feedbacks on eBay (100%). I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some tips or hints.

Thanks in advance.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jelloshot's Items on eBay

Do NOT have them end on a Friday or a Saturday night. I learned that leason the hard way since I never put reserves on my auctions. I've also picked up some really good deals by bidding on those nights. If I can think of anything else I'll let you know.

Country

I think the number one thing is having good pictures.I am amazed by sellers who have blurred or upside down pictures on there listing.Next thing remeber the people on the west coast have your listings end as late as possible so those folks can get in on the last minute bidding.Post your ebay info under your name here so we get a shot at the goods to. I just sold a card to a member here just from doing that.Clear and understandable listings are a must,check your spelling,make sure you have the shipping info listed.I've been selling for 7 yrs now if you need any help pm me and I'll be more then happy to help you...Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardguards.com's Items on eBay

Have a picture of the only item for sale.
    No reserve.
    I think 7 day auctions that end on Sunday. You can look up the stats for best day to end an auction is.
    I presonaly like straight to the point listing no funny/corny discriptions.
    It also helps if you have good quality stuff.
    Good Luck.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for all the advice. It will definitely help!

Another question: I already have a Paypal account- do I have to do anything special to receive payment through it? (As of now, I've only made payments with it.) Also, do they charge extra fees to accept credit card payments?

Country

Double check that but I do belive paypal only charges for incoming funds...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jelloshot's Items on eBay

Yeah use good pictures. I'm also surprised on how bad some of the pictures are that people use. I also hate it when they have more than 1 card in the picture and are only selling 1 of the cards. Upload your pictures of a card somewhere on the internet. You can then use HTML to get the pictures in your description and only pay for one picture. This works great for pictures of the front and back of the card or if you wanted another one of a stamped number on the card.

SCF Rewards

dont rip off on shipping
    put links to pictures on a freewebs site so u dont have to pay for more than one picture

thats all i can think of that hasnt been mentioned

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Hopefully I'll have my first auction up by the end of the weekend.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See superman535's Items on eBay

LOW SHIPPING!! that is key, I never buy anything where someone wants $3 for shipping for one item, also like it has been said before get a good pic, start the auction low and say no reserve and end on Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast