Lakers lose to Bobcats without Lamar Odom

Something tells me his long arms would have been effective defense against Jumaine "31 points" Jones.

Hopefully Odom's importance is now realized by more people. I get tired of him shooting a good percentage and grabbing all these rebounds only to get criticized for not being aggressive enough. Kobe may not have a good team around him, but take away Lamar and the Lakers would be heading toward the lottery instead of fighting for a playoff spot.

2. Kronozio
    Quote Originally Posted by JammingJames23
    Something tells me his long arms would have been effective defense against Jumaine "31 points" Jones.

Hopefully Odom's importance is now realized by more people. I get tired of him shooting a good percentage and grabbing all these rebounds only to get criticized for not being aggressive enough. Kobe may not have a good team around him, but take away Lamar and the Lakers would be heading toward the lottery instead of fighting for a playoff spot.

I agree 100 percent. What is wrong with a guy that gets you around 15 points, 12 rebounds and 6 assist every night??

I really don't get why they expect so much more out of this guy. If anyone on that team needs to step it up a notch it's Smush and Brown....hell, put in Bynum.

Good point, JJ. I think Lamar's rebounding & defense were definitely missing tonight. It was U-G-L-Y.
    Kwame Brown is getting on my nerves. Whoever said he was 'Elden Campbell reincarnated' was right.
    - Andy

Beckett Basketball Plus Super Collector - Spring '06
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I saw the game last night too and was thoroughly disgusted. I thought I was watching old Clippers basketball. When will the Lakers learn to play defense throughout the WHOLE game? When will they learn that "taking care of the ball" does NOT mean "turnover the ball to the other team"? As James Worthy said at halftime, "They better not come back to LA if they lose this one." I was sure they wouldn't lose this one, after all, Charlotte had lost their 13 previous games. This game answered the question, "How low can the Lakers go?"

On the bright side, Andrew Bynum continued to impress me. The Bobcats were unable to continue getting the easy layups while he was in there which resulted in the Lakers making a run that cut an 18-point deficit to around half.

I knew this road trip was going to be a tough one but I thought the Lakers would give a better showing/effort than this. I just hope they regroup sooner rather than later and make us proud again.

Andy

haha i just saw the stats this morning and Brezec had 22 points when he scores that much u know u such