Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advise from player collectors

Advise from player collectors

OK, I need some opinions here...

I have a card I am eyeing on eBay that I have wanted for a long time from one of the players I collect. I asked the seller what it would take to sell it outright, and he gave me a price of $20 plus $2.50 s/h.

I have only seen 2 others on eBay, one sold for $22+ shipping, the second (most recent) one sold for $11 + shipping (they only outbid me by 50 cents, but there's no telling how high they would have went).

From this info, if this were a card for a player you collect, would you pull the trigger, or would you wait it out and just try bidding on it?

2. Allgood (eBay Store)
    The safe bet for Ebay is to bid and wait it out. Make sure you have a high enough bid (4-5$ is usually safe for the amount you are talking about, although +10$ would be ebst) above the current price so that last second bidders can't steal it for an extra 0.50$.

In terms of payment safety, you can't go wrong with ebay if you pay with paypal via a credit card. If you pay any other way, there's always a fee of some odd amount (as high as 25$) just to process your complaint, etc etc. With credit card companies, they usually say, as long as you haven't filled more than 2 complaints every 6 or so months, we'll investigate for you and get you a full reimburement (eventually). At the very least, you get to leave negative feedback of the ebay seller is a scammer.

Of course, if you feel you can trust the person to sell you a card out of ebay then its your own risk and pay whatever way you want. You might just pay the person an extra 20$ and end up with a hole in your wallet of course, but you knew that before asking.

The guy is asking you to pay aalmost as high as this card has ever sold before on ebay, so they know what its worth. Do you really want to risk losing money and feedback for yourself just because you can't wait about 5-6 days more till the bidding ends? Just bid high and refresh near the close is my 2 cents.

Good luck!

Just buy it. $22.50 is nothing for someone whos wanted a card for some time. You said you've only seen 2 before. Just buy it.

If you can afford it and you want the card that bad then just buy it.

I agree with the folks who say just buy it if indeed you have only seen 2 others before.

Good luck to you no matter which avenue you decide to take :)

~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

Hidden Content

Do it...if its something you really want, and its very hard to find, trust me(!!) Get it while you can....

hope this helps...

In my opinion your best chance to get the card is to buy it outright. However, I would wait out the auction as long as possible.

Thanks for all the decision...

I am going to wait it out. I really do have a set price of what I want to pay for it, so I will put in the proxy bid (when the time is right...snipe, snipe, snipe...) and hope it works out.

I came to the conclusion that even if this card doesn't end up in my collection...oh, well. Life will resume, and my collection is still fun.

I'll tell you what, though, I came veryclose to pulling the trigger. We shall see! I will post when the auction is over.

The final resolution

OK, the results of this experiment...

I won the card through auction for what the first one sold for. Attached is a picture of the card I was so giddy over:

So, in the end, I should have just bought it, but it only cost me about an extra $2-3. It may have been worth that extra $2-3 to outsnipe all the people posting bids on it in the last 4 minutes. That was pretty exciting!

Thanks for the advice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast