Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Obama care redefines the work week to 30 hours.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-to-Administer

The regulations, written by an IRS attorney, arbitrarily redefine "full time employee" as someone who works 30 hours a week for a business. Traditionally, most private businesses have defined "full time employee" as someone who works 40 hours a week. With this new regulation, the federal government is now removing the right of businesses to define "full time employee" as they deem appropriate for their unique conditions.

The new regulations confirm former Speaker Nancy Pelosi's made just before President Obama's hallmark health care legislation became law. "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it," she said.

Not only are you forced to buy an overpriced healthcare plan , but thanks to Obama you won't have the money to. That will be great .
    Last edited by INTIMADATOR2007; 10-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so it comes down to not only do they have to supply healthcare (with threat of fine) to full time employees, but also part time.

the real question is can they define fulltime as over 40 hours thus eliminating overtime costs?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Umm...are you guys high?
    For the purpose of Obamacare, 30 hours is a dull work wee. That means business owner can't work you for 39 hours and deny you cull time benefits.
    TIM, you're reaching. Shrew, you're not thinking. And you still probably want us to think you didn't make your decision long ago.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, you are flat out nuts

and what would stop them from working you 29 hours to deny benefits? perhaps it is you that is not thinking, or want to be in disagreement with me so bad, you will say anything to be the opposite.

if you can legally redefine the what fulltime means, then there will be people taking advantage of the loopholes.

and if fulltime is 30 hours does that mean i will get overtime pay for the other 10, if so heck, lets do it, though it will break every company

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What would stop them is that they need a full tme employee, 39 hours will work, but 29 won't. It's easy to deny someone 1 hour to save a buck, but 11 hours slows.productivity and costs money.

Shrew, I apologize. You are thinking. Thinking like a Republican. Thinking like a Romney supporter. Thinking like a greedy business owner who would rather have high turnover than healthy employeea. Thinking lime the type of person who outsources but wants people to believe you're worried about American jobs.

One thing you aren't thinking like is an undecided voter. I don't care who you vote for, I just wish you'd be honest about it. Of course, honesty from a Romney supporter is hard to find, so don't shirt yourself or anything.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Share, its only for these purposes. Everything you mentioned is moot. You want redefining full time? I've worked several "full time" jobs. None of them did I work the same hours. Youre trying to apply meaning where it doesn't because the term full time is a vague term. You're deliberately confusing people for votes. That is inexcusable and should be illegal.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

In my 25 years in the labor force each company defined what a full time employee was for benefits purposes.
    28 was the lowest I had seen, 32 in 2 places and 2 were 40 hours.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Exactly.This simply closes a loophole where a business owner can give you 39 hours (I think we all agree 40 hours is a full work week), working you full time minus 1 hour to take away your benefits. Anyone complaining about this is either blinded by partisanship or a business owner ticked off that you can't pull "39hrs is not full time, screw your benefits"

SCF Rewards
    Country

how this for you

a company has 100 employees, 30 hours and they get benefits,(my current work paid benefits is $1200 a month)

for ease of math purposes let say each employee makes $15 an hour and benefits per employees equal $500 an month

12,000 man hours per month plus benefits

roughly $1800 a month in pay, $500 in benefits times 100 employees, $230,000 total

now they drop everybody to 29 hours and add 4 new employees, no one get benefits

over 12000 man hours of work

$181,000 in pay, with no benefits

equals a savings of $49,000 a month with more production

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

MOre teapublicans twisting words and numbers for there benefit...to scare business owners...Seems so timely they come out with this now

And before you say well the LIBERALS do it too...we do it with facts! and well we learned form the the best....the right wingers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast