Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I also agree that Harry Sinden and Gary Bettman are almost the antithesis of this list. How they ended up there, and so high, makes me wonder. Glen Sather, too. I could rip on these three guys for days, and still have room left for more.

Mooneyes... my first comment was entirely about Bob McKenzie, I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. In fact, I think your assessment of Harry Sinden is how I look back on him as well. Without Harry Sinden, I might not be able to appreciate Peter Chiarelli so much. I think he's done a fantastic job in Boston, and not just because he fleeced Burke in the Kessel trade, which, as a Leafs fan, I'm sure I will hear about for the rest of my life, no doubt.

no worries man, not sure why Kessel is so disliked, if he was on a line with Bergy and Marchand he would have so much less pressure and more support...but for some reason he wanted to go into the pressure cooker in TO...
    cheers
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See 08hockey08's Items on eBay

Without Harry Sinden, I might not be able to appreciate Peter Chiarelli so much. I think he's done a fantastic job in Boston, and not just because he fleeced Burke in the Kessel trade, which, as a Leafs fan, I'm sure I will hear about for the rest of my life, no doubt.

Interesting that you should mention that! I have numerous friends who are Maple Leaf fans and they all refuse to accept the fact that the Kessel deal was a bad move by Burke! The two 1st round picks the Bruins have turned into Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton who I believe will become a stud d-man. Don't think I would give up either of those two for Kessel let alone both of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Totally agree that Bob McKenzie should be on this list. I haven`t met a fan yet that doesn't respect what Bobby Mac has to say, and you can't say that about many hockey minds (esspecially journalists!).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The other half of the Bathgate story was Jaques Plante, who refused to return to the ice without a mask despite his coaches demand he didn't....must have took some stones in that era to defy your coach...or maybe you just had to be crazy back than to be a goalie! As far as the way minds work, loved to watch Hasek play, not sure if he was the first to use a totally instinctive "stop the puck any way possible style" but sure was amazing to watch...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12