Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: packwars

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

packwars

what are packwars? thanks
    john

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kr580's Items on eBay

Each person opens a pack of cards. Then the person with the best whatever (you can go by tallest player, most TD's, whatever you choose) wins all the packs that were opened that round.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

oh thats cool thanks for the info

See roytrio's Items on eBay

packwars where i came from was just like that, but instead of winning all the cards, you'd win a ticket, and everyone kept their cards...

there were twenty rounds, with twenty different products, and then a bonus trivia round, so anyone had a shot at the drawing at the end of the night. Winners of the rounds would win the owner's pack, along with a ticket to the drawing, and each entry with the correct trivia answer would also get a ticket for the drawing.

First place drawings were usually a hobby box of cards worth 80-100, an auto'd 8x10, and some cool singles.

There were also guess the price rounds, where the owner would pull out a random card, and have the round winner guess the current BV of the card. If he was within $5 bv either way of the correct bv, the participant would get to keep the card.

those were the good old days

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    See htwheelz01's Items on eBay

I always play high number or low numbered cards. Usually low. Go by the card number in the set. Inserts don't count. And whoever has it wins all the cards. Kinda fun to play sometimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SOMETIMES, is the key. I went one night to a pack wars at my local store, and wow, Im glad I didnt play that round. They played Leaf Limited I believe. Well, the guy who won the round got : Favre Auto / Jersey, Montana / Young dual auto, and like a Singletary Auto /15 or something. It was like 6 months ago, so I dont remember everything well. Cards I mentioned may be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, I think there right.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    See htwheelz01's Items on eBay

Lol I play on cheaper packs. Not those high ones.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ya, I thought they were nuts. I sat out on that one. TOO much to lose in those things. But they like gambling. I play poker for $$, but wont do that complete luck stuff. At least poker involves, some skill.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've heard of these but never known what they were. They sound pretty fun though. It'd suck to pull sumthin sweet and have to give it up though. =P

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ask Prophet(Favre auto Jay????)/Craigerman/Necron 9d9.... They know all about low and high end pack wars....dont ya guys?? ;)

LOL

We go with whatever product appeals to us at the moment(mainly FB). We do highest BV wins all the cards, but everyone still pays for their own pack. We have done it "all the marbles" by who has the LOWEST BV has to pay for all packs. That suckjs when you lose. Specially when your doing topps finest (WORST product of the year!!)

But there are so many ways you can interperet "Pack Wars"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast