Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Underated Player?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Not so sure about Datzyuk, everyone raves about him, including the media showing highlights of how long he can hold onto the puck etc...and his peers voted him the best or whatever...big Z chose him 1st at the all star game...I agree about St. Louis, a big game player for sure, which reminds me a Briere, everyone loves Giroux, meanwhile lil Briere was a scoring machine in last years play-offs...
    and I have to mention Hawerchuk, if not for Gretzky, he would have won quite a few scoring titles...
    There are tons I suppose, but they are just not "highlight reel" guys...everyone mentioned they didn't realize how exceptional Bergeron was until their cup run...he simply does everything well...
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I would argue that Andy McDonald is exceptionally underrated as far as active players go.
    Retired players, Pat Verbeek.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Teddy Purcell.

Im pretty sure most don't know that the third man between St Louis & Stamkos is Purcell. Purcell has been putting some impressive numbers for the past two years. Of course he flies under the radar more often than not due to the combo of Stammer and St.Louis. A great all round player.

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah Verbeek, Ciccareli, Robitaille, Neweindyk...a lot of being "underrated" seems to be about not being very exciting players, but extremely productive none the less, which eventually people have to eventually acknowledge, those big #'s just can't be ignored.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Not really sure how anyone in the HHOF can be called underrated. They've been given the highest accolade possible in the sport.

Datsyuk... fantastic player, easily one of the best 10 in the league. I'd never put him on a list of 'underrated' though, as I've never even heard of someone writing a top 10 list that didn't include him. I'd actually go the other way..... I've seen far too many people claim him to be the 'best' player in the NHL, which he is not (that list starts with Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos.... and Datsyuk fits somewhere behind those guys).

For guys that are actually underrated.... a few of the names that jump out at me are Thomas Plekanec, Ray Whitney, Brian Campbell, and John Tavares.

Plekanec just never seems to get the recognition that he deserves, neither does Ray Whiney (who broke 1k points last year). Campbell has a bum rap because his contract is too rich, and Tavares doesn't get nearly enough credit for how good he really is. When the lockout ends, look for JT to be even better than he was last season. He's easily one of the 5 most talented players in the game today, but because he's stuck on Long Island.... and hasn't won anything... he gets passed over on pretty much any 'top' list.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Wayne cashman

SCF Rewards
    Country

Marc Savard
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ugh..don't remind me, there was a reason he was nick named "Savvy"...reminds me of Oates... wish he as still playing for my Bruins :/

SCF Rewards
    Country

also, Chris Osgood.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I say Marty St Louis :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast