Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BGS or PSA?

SCF Rewards
    Country

BGS or PSA?

Alright,

Easy enough, Which company do you prefer? BGS or PSA?

BGRay

SCF Rewards
    See plunge's Items on eBay

BGS has more credibility vs. PSA, especially on ebay. Here's my question: how well can one grade a card by eyeballing one that isn't graded, especially when determining how mint the card is?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by plunge
    BGS has more credibility vs. PSA, especially on ebay. Here's my question: how well can one grade a card by eyeballing one that isn't graded, especially when determining how mint the card is?

Plunge, a lot of eyeballing just comes from being around cards for a long time and seeing all different kinds. I personally w/o even thinking immediately scan all the grading factors of a card when seeing it. Look at the corners (are they sharp?), look at the edges (are they clean cuts?), look at the surface (front and back. Is it smooth with no gloss variance?), look at the centering (front and back. Is it 50/50 top and bottom?).

With that said you still can't take too much weight in an eyeballed grade. You need good lighting and a magnifying glass in my opinion. I would also recommend wearing latex gloves when handling a good card.

:)

BGray

SCF Rewards
    See plunge's Items on eBay

Thanks, BGray. Latex gloves is a good idea. I had a bunch graded last summer and was off by .5 to 1 point on all the cards. :(

SCF Rewards
    See mantleman777's Items on eBay

have tried both and find psa is a little easier on grading true a psa9 wont get what a bgs 9 gets resale but i find a psa 9 is a bgs 8 or 8.5 and the 9 is worth more also i once in a while can get a 10 from psa where at bgs i never received a 9.5

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

I think PSA give you more generous grades while BSG has the best resale value. So since you get more bang for your buck, I got to go with BGS.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by anthony619
    bgray isnt the card father

Is it me or are you just begging to get banned? Seriously dude, you're walking on thin ice here because of all the bogus referrals. We really do want you here if you're going to contribute quality to the board, but if you're here to start crap now, I can make sure to permanently kick you off the island.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Beckett=Price Guide(the top dog for years), Then a grading company. I don't know why it bothers me it just does.

I realize something is only worth what one is willing to pay, but that darn book value as a reference sure does come into play.

A nmt 8 is easy to get right, looks sweet, but under lighted 10x the flaws are obvious.The big 3 are all about the same.
    *It's trying to guess what in the heck the grader sees to differentiate between a 9 & 10(9.5). I have many 9's and 10's and to me it's a roll of the dice submit and pray.
    The pop reports %wise are pretty close between PSA & BGS for gem grades given.
    BGS- Holder seems more custom,The internal sleeve if not wrinkled is a nice touch. I use them when they have specials. Plus Now I want A Damn pristine 10
    PSA-Gets the bulk of my orders. Holders store easier and I've used them for ages. If they used the insert sleeve all the time I'd probably just stick with them.
    To me it's 6 in 1 half a dozen in the other. Actually the company that has the smallest market(consumer base) and lower resale value is the toughest SGC.IMO

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by IggyWH
    Is it me or are you just begging to get banned? Seriously dude, you're walking on thin ice here because of all the bogus referrals. We really do want you here if you're going to contribute quality to the board, but if you're here to start crap now, I can make sure to permanently kick you off the island.

He made sure of that himself with a choice PM.

Bye, Bye lil' tony!

BGray

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank God I quoted him, because if not and since his posts are now deleted, I would look like I had terrets (sp?) and was just wigging out for no reason.

*hears music in his head* na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, gooooooooooooodbyeeeeeeeeee

R.I.P. Anthony
    3-3-02 to 3-11-02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast