Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Is there a way to donate cards for a tax write off?

    I was wondering if you could donate cards and write them off on your taxes. If so who do you donate them to? Any information would be greatly appriciated.

  2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
  3. #2
    I'm not sure because you might have to show proof of their value. Also, if you're looking for a deduction for the taxes you're currently filing, the donation would have had to be made in 2005.

  4. #3
    Yes you can, but I don't think you just have to be reasonable. You wouldn't want to donate 100,000 commons, value them at 5 each for a $5,000 deduction.

    Any cards that I have donated I just take them to goodwill with the rest of my old junk. This is the first year I took a reciept for donations so I'm not sure what I will value everything at though.

    and yes, anything donated this year would go towars your 06 taxes as rick states.

    as far as places to donate...childrens hospitals, boys and girls club, maybe boy scouts, schools, etc. Just call up the place and ask where and who you need to give the cards to.


  5. #4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

About SCF

    Sports Card Forum provides sports and non-sports card collectors a safe place to discuss, buy, sell and trade.

    SCF maintains tools that will allow collectors to manage their collections online, information about what is happening with the hobby, as well as providing robust data to send out for Autographs through the mail.

Follow SCF on