Thread: Retail Packs and Boxes

Retail Packs and Boxes

I am going to do a little venting here today.
    My complaint is with the card companies.
    I live in a town of about 60,000 people and at this writing there is not one card shop open. If one wants to buy unopened cards you either have to go to Kmart or Taget. If you are like me and if you want to buy unopned material you know that the card companies generally do not put nice cards in these boxes or packs. I know you can hit a few once in awhile but your odds are much greater at a hobby store. I do not like to buy unopened material online so I am stuck with retail.
    To be fair I wish the card companies would make the same odds for autographs and gu's in retail as in hobby.
    Just my opinon I do not expect everyone to see this my way.

must be the hot muggy weather.
    I am wanting to buy a box this morning but I know the odds are stacked against me if I run over to Target or Kmart and I do not feel like driving to Indianapolis to buy cards.
    Instead I will stay inside where it is air conditioned. ha ha
    Maybe I can make a good trade today and make up for my sour mood.

Originally posted by jly500
    must be the hot muggy weather.
    I am wanting to buy a box this morning but I know the odds are stacked against me if I run over to Target or Kmart and I do not feel like driving to Indianapolis to buy cards.
    Instead I will stay inside where it is air conditioned. ha ha
    Maybe I can make a good trade today and make up for my sour mood.
    Why not just buy a box off ebay? People I know have had great success with ebay boxes. As a matter of fact the last box a friend bought he pulled a lemiuex quad memorabilia out of in the game used.

or www.cwsportscards.com (he has great boxes and great deals)

or dave and adams card world (a link is on the homepage of scf)

Thanks for the info. I may just do that. I have nothing to lose.
    I wish someone would open up a card shop in my town.

A town of your size must have a few card shows going on this weekend, most likely tommorrow (Sunday). I would check Beckett.com for anything going on, maybe you could grab a deal or two there...

We are lucky to get 1 0r 2 shows a year here. When I do buy retail they put out there cards on Tuesday by the time I get off work and see what they have they have alrwady been picked over. One of Kmart employees told me that when they come in to put out cards there are already 2 guys waiting on him. They know the time he is supposed to be there.
    I guess I should not complain cause the money I save I go online and buy gu's up real cheap. Now I have a better autograph collection and gu's collection than I would if I were buying packs and boxes.