Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    I need hard plastic sleeve/case things...

    Where do people get these nowadays? Do people still use the hard plastic cases that hold together with a screw? I need a bunch of these or something else that will protect standard cards better than floppy sleeves. I can't seem to find anything like this on google. Any help would be appreciated. :D

  2. #2
    Check out the magnetic hard plastic cases. Similar to the screw-downs...just uses a magnet instead of the screw.

  3. #3
    Are these good?

    I don't know what these "points" mean for card sizes I keep seeing, I just have standard cards.

  4. #4
    The points mean the thickness of the card. Having standard cards, do you mean the regular thickness of a 16th of an inch or so?

    And yes, I like those card holders.

    Here Are the Most Common Available Sizes:
    35 Point- This is the most popular and common size. It will fit anything from a base Topps Card to a Topps Chrome card.
    55 Point-These are for cards that are a tad thicker than Topps Chrome. They are primarily used for thick stock base cards and the thinnest relic cards.
    80 Point- These are the rarest and least used magnet cases, for whatever reason cards are usually to small or big for these.
    100 Point- These fit your standard high-end relic cards. I find that SP Authentic and Triple Threads Patch Autos fit perfectly in these. In my opinion, a snug fit is always better than a loose one.
    130 Point- These are for the extremely thick Jersey Cards. Thick Jersey Cards usually contain a "patch" rather than a "swatch". A "patch" is a thick jersey piece that contains a multi-layered part of a jersey, such as a piece of the number portion of the jersey.
    180 Point- These are for the thickest Jersey Cards. Basically, if you pull the thickest card you've ever seen, this is probably the case for that card.
    Hidden Content
    Trying to achieve super Collector Herman Moore Status
    I collect UVA (University of Virginia Cavaliers) Football Players!

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  5. #5
    I have seen them at 240 and 360. I am guessing some of these Sweet Spot autos and such are the thicker cards. But yes, the point (PT.) means the thickness. I personally don't like magnets. But I do like screwdowns.

    I use the 1/2 inch screwdowns on my nicer, higher $$$ vintage stuff and I use the screwdowns for pretty much anything modern that is over $50. I use top loaders for anything from $5-$49. Hope this helps.
    I collect Tyrell Jenkins and all things related to Disney World.
    I only ship to the USA. I don't accept cash TTM.
    I charge exact shipping on top of my asking prices.

  6. #6
    I have a guide on my website that will help you determine what size holder you need. Here is the link.. Just scroll down the page. I also sell them :winking0071:


  7. #7

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensley03 View Post
    ok well I kind of like my 1 screws...should I get these for regular cards??
    Nobody uses the screws anymore. google "Ulta Pro One-Touch" and use the "pt" scale provided above and you will find what you need

  9. #9
    I highly recommend buying from Jersey Coast Collectibles. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them and they have excellent customer service.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts