Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Just to point this out, but the Episcopal Church, United Church of Christ, and Quakers(and other religous sects) allow gay ceremonies. Please do not start the no true Christian thing. No church will have to perform the ceremonies and I would fight for their right to deny the ceremonies. Although to keep up membership, might they relax their stance?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1663291.html

I'd also like to add in that the Unitarian Universalist Church has been performing various forms of unions for gay and lesbian couples since at least the 1980's.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See HBlumUSMC's Items on eBay

This is going to be the last time I post here in the "Politics and Religion" section of this msg board since quite frankly I don't even understand why a "SPORTS CARD forum" has to have a "Politics and Religion" section, unless its a Politics and Religious card sections, but nope, I don't really see people selling or trading any 2012 Topps Democrat Auto/GU redemption cards, and last time I checked Allen & Ginters 'People of the Bible' inserts are in the baseball section of this board, hate me all you want, I don't care, I did four deployments and lost both legs and now walk around in robot looking microprocessor controlling hydraulic legs, I did my part.

The economy is down in the dumps but HOORAY for legalizing pot!!!

We lost American lives in Benghazi, including a brave retired Navy Seal who had to go AGAINST orders to attempt to rescue American lives, and Iran shot down one of our drones and our lack of retaliation on both events shows the enemies of our nation that we are weak and we are one to "turn the other cheek" which by the way computes as WEAKNESS to them but HOORAY for gay marriages!!!

I'm so glad we have our priorities in order, America is pretty much going to be taken over soon and some of you are in for a rude awakening, it's going to be sort of like that movie 'Red Dawn' the classic move, not the remake, except most of you will NOT have ANY weapons due to harsher gun laws!!! OH NO!!!!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

This is going to be the last time I post here in the "Politics and Religion" section of this msg board since quite frankly I don't even understand why a "SPORTS CARD forum" has to have a "Politics and Religion" section, unless its a Politics and Religious card sections, but nope, I don't really see people selling or trading any 2012 Topps Democrat Auto/GU redemption cards, and last time I checked Allen & Ginters 'People of the Bible' inserts are in the baseball section of this board, hate me all you want, I don't care, I did four deployments and lost both legs and now walk around in robot looking microprocessor controlling hydraulic legs, I did my part.

We lost American lives in Benghazi, including a brave retired Navy Seal who had to go AGAINST orders to attempt to rescue American lives, and Iran shot down one of our drones and our lack of retaliation on both events shows the enemies of our nation that we are weak and we are one to "turn the other cheek" which by the way computes as WEAKNESS to them but HOORAY for gay marriages!!!

I'm so glad we have our priorities in order, America is pretty much going to be taken over soon and some of you are in for a rude awakening, it's going to be sort of like that movie 'Red Dawn' the classic move, not the remake, except most of you will NOT have ANY weapons due to harsher gun laws!!! OH NO!!!!

Before I say this I want to commend you on your service and offer my sympathies for you sacrifice.
    That post,, however, is shortsighted and fails to take a lot into consideration. And again, where does the idea that your second amendment rights are going to be taken away come from? No such thing has happened nor will it and there's no evidence to suggest otherwise except the ranting of Republicans. Sorry, that's just the way it is in my world.

As for pot vs the economy, maybe some people see taking control of the marijuana trade and benefitting economically from it instead of leaving it in the hand of criminals to profit from as a good thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Funny how you didn't take into account how pot could actually bring up the economy significantly.

Stop the nonsense "drug war" of incarcerating people for smoking a plant less harmful than tobacco and you save MILLIONS of dollars in police enforcement not to mention our overcrowded prisons.

This also leaves police to actually chase REAL criminals who do violent crimes.

Tax the HELL out of marijuana sales and that also helps the economy.

Seriously, this is simple stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, nice post.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

Ok I made my statement on priests vs gay marriage based on my reality. Here, there are more people marrying outside church than in church. And there's are tons of priests who do gay marriage, thus, it's never a problem and leave lots of free choice for the priests. I assume it might not be like this in usa then. And regardless, I change my mind and apologise.

First I was thinking: "if a priest thinks it's a sin with gay marriage he must feel sick and tortured performing that ceremony". BUT, wasn't that said about, like, female priests too? Female rights? Obey the husband etc? I mean, isn't 99% of the western population condemning a muslim person, or muslim priest, who refuse to allowe women in their churches, and some even refuse to shake a woman's hand! Should we say then "that's ok it's his religion, let him be". We don't do we, cause it's so well accepted in society that women is equal to men, we could never even consider giving the guy an excuse based on religion. The problem with gay marriage it's a lot later accepted than women's rights, and not all accepted everywhere, thus the progress is later. But the difference is none. So anyone who thinks priests should get a pass on marrying gay couples, you either do this, go the full way, refuse that, and accept other religious groups treats, for example, their women like dog™™™™. OR, if you condemn the latter and can't accept it, you must accept our christan priests must marry gay couples. There's no middle ground. So I apologise for my earlier words.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Anytime someone says "there is no middle ground" I get skeptical. Sorry, it's just so rarely true, though said constantly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

razzamatazz, good post, but remember to follow the rules, no posting foul language, even by using symbols.
    but it was a good post!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You realize the site replaced the word with symbols, not him, right?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

Her, not him. So sorry about that word, in my daily life I'm a bit like Dexter's sister, the words are flying here and there lol

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast