Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country

Tavares ICE /99 raw grade BGS 9.5 scam?

Just looked up the serial # for the raw grade on this Tavares ICE and it came up as a completely different card; a Willie Mo Pena, Bowman Chrome from 1999 that was graded in 2000 (baseball player, I had to look it up!).

Here's the link to Beckett:
    http://www.beckett.com/grading/card_...&item_type=BGS

I typed in 271091 on the Beckett graded card serial # lookup and wasn't 100% if this is the procedure to look up raw grades, so before I put a serious bid on this card I'd like to hear some thoughts.

Here is the eBay.com listing:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-TAVARES-2009-10-09-10-UD-ICE-PREMIERS-BGS-9-5-GEM-MINT-ROOKIE-34-99-N6352-/370686124207?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item5 64e9d60af

Mike
    Last edited by mikedom91; 11-09-2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: added some spacing

Country

No opinions?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

Raw reviews aren't registered through the database on Beckett, therefore can cause the confusion like you have. Proof? Ebay search Becket Raw Grade and enter the numbers, none of them have matched.

It's more than likely a legit grade, and very, very common for the ICE RCs

Country

Tried a few raw grades on eBay and none corresponded.

Is there anyway to find out a raw grades legitimacy?

I guess it doesn't really matter, so long as there are no obvious flaws with the card omitted.