Kronozio
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Avoid The "ITCH"

How Do You Avoid The "ITCH"

How do you stay out of the hobby after you'd made the decision to leave. I find it hard not to buy anything after seeing all the Topps Chrome breaks. Getting that itch again and I'm trying to hold back.

I can't answer that cause normally I can't resist lol

By going to the games and obtaining the "CLAP". You will be surrounded by thousands of hardcore fans that don't necessarily collect cards to show how much of a fan they really are. If you aren't anything without cards, then how could you be something with them?

Country
    SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries

Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Stay off of ebay and card forums. Out of sight, out of mind.

In my own experience with other hobbies that I no longer pursue, once I'm done with something, I'm done with it. Haven't bought a comic book (with one exception, for a special issue) since 1993. Have maintained my self-imposed boycott of all Star Wars merchandise solidly since the latest travesty revisions made by Lucas for the Blu-Rays. I've seen a couple cool things pop up from time to time, but I just stand fast and hold to the principle until the change/event that I want to see takes place.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

It can be tough. I haven't bough a pack or a box in probably 15 years and I still find myself staring longingly at the card section of my local Target. That urge passes quickly when I realize that those packs have most likely been searched.

Like a lot of others I have had my share of hobbies that I have given up on. Some I quit cold turkey and others I eased off over time. I still have some of my Leinenkugels beer items and some of my Wisconsin beer labels that I try to get rid of occasionally but I never seem to be able to bring myself to do it. I keep telling myself "someday I will get back into them. Heck just recently I found myself looking at plastic scale models of WWII airplanes on ebay. I haven't put one of those together in close to 30 years.

It helps if you have something else to spend your money and time on. I realize, when I find myself looking at something I used to collect, that I quit collecting them not because I lost interest in them but to allow me to focus on my Packers stuff. I found that I could not do 2 or 3 collections justice so I had to choose.

Lastly you have to ask yourself why you quit. If you are still getting the itch obviously you haven't lost all interest. Maybe a change in focus will help.

Good luck but good hobbies always have a way of sucking you back in.

Not having any money is probably the easiest way to stay out. I go in and out simply for that reason. But I think I may be in for good as soon as a new contract comes though for me.

How do I avoid the "Itch"? I use protection.....

Quote Originally Posted by OZTATAR View Post
    How do I avoid the "Itch"? I use protection.....
    Thanks for that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast