Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Should I or shouldn't I?

I need some advice.

On Oct 9th I made a trade with an individual on this site. The member in question had over 100 positive feedback.

Fast forward to Oct 28th.

I had received no cards, despite the fact that this individual live only a couple of hours down the road (same Country and Province). Their end has also not been marked as received.

Also, I have received no communication from them. I send them a PM asking if there was some kind of delay. No reply. I send 2 more PM's the following week, incluing one on Nov 2nd that says if they don't reply, I will put the trade into dispute.

ON NOvember 4th I put the trade into dispute and noticed that this individual has another trade in dispute, same time as mine was made.

I also noticed that the member has not logged in since oct 20th. The trade is in dispute, although it has been over a week and no mods have commented or contacted me about it.

My first thought would be that I hope nothing happened to this member, but even if it had, he logged in on oct 20th, 11 days after our trade, so those cards would have been shipped already by that time.

So now I am assuming that I have been ripped off.

The cards in question are not a huge deal to me, combined book value on the 2 cards is less than $25.

So here is my question....

I searched this person on whitepages.ca and was able to find their phone number....

Should I call, or would I be stepping over a line?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I was ready to drive from Vancouver to Canmore AB on a long weekend to beat some cards out of a man before PayPal fixed things. I planned a vacation to Kingston (my ex in-laws) so that there'd be a stop in Thunder Bay to do the same thing, but the problem got solved before we left.
    A phone call? Yes you should. I'm not such a hothead that I didn't try that first. The worst part about the situation is the not knowing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ericspiece's Items on eBay

I believe making the call is appropriate. As it's a public listing, you haven't crossed any lines in acquiring it. My work requires that I leave for extended periods of time, sometimes upwards of months at a time, with little notice (Silviculture). It's quite possible something similar has happened with this user and he has been unable to contact you. If the listing is legit and you get a response, I'm sure speaking with him will reveal what kind of person you're dealing with! Good luck!

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Whatever it takes, my friend. Stop at nothing.

If you are in Canada, get the Trade Work paperwork including the Dispute itself, and make solid paper copies.

Drive to the trader's community to the RCMP (if you have to cross a Provincial boundary), or to the local Police if you are in the same Province and present your case. Open a fraud investigation with the local Constabulary.

You are fully within your Canadian Rights to do so. Find the person's employer as well, that always makes Deadbeats pay attention.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country

tried calling.

Got a machine but I didn't leave a message.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice guys.

BANNED

Country
    See jp999's Items on eBay

If you are in Canada, get the Trade Work paperwork including the Dispute itself, and make solid paper copies.

Drive to the trader's community to the RCMP (if you have to cross a Provincial boundary), or to the local Police if you are in the same Province and present your case. Open a fraud investigation with the local Constabulary.

You are fully within your Canadian Rights to do so. Find the person's employer as well, that always makes Deadbeats pay attention.

This is the stupidest advice to give for a couple of crappy cards. You know you've completely lost your marbles if you do this. I'll send you a couple cards to save yourself the grief of this process.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country

This is the stupidest advice to give for a couple of crappy cards. You know you've completely lost your marbles if you do this. I'll send you a couple cards to save yourself the grief of this process.

I won't be going as far as to go see him, but I will be calling to see what he has to say for himself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Ummm...no, that won't work. Unless your end goal is to become the running joke at this year's policeman's ball. I'd try calling again, and if no success, chalk it up as a loss. At least it wasn't anything too expensive.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(40)+
    Country
    Twitter: @genecummings77 See genorama77's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Good decision, adamslogik.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I believe making the call is appropriate. As it's a public listing, you haven't crossed any lines in acquiring it. My work requires that I leave for extended periods of time, sometimes upwards of months at a time, with little notice (Silviculture). It's quite possible something similar has happened with this user and he has been unable to contact you. If the listing is legit and you get a response, I'm sure speaking with him will reveal what kind of person you're dealing with! Good luck!

Just because it can be found by a google search doesnt mean it's right.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast