Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Study shows that women who have had an abortion are LESS likely to suffer poverty.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...suffer-poverty

Meanwhile women who were denied abortions are more likely to find themselves in public assistance (e.g Welfare, foodstamps, etc.)

This is not at all surprising, a lot of women who get abortions do so because they simply can't support that child either emotional or financially.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

Sorry Alex. Although I do agree that the study does show significant trend, it barely has enough people in it to qualify for significance. They need to follow more women( in the tens of thousands) before anything can be said definitely.

I would hope the government would give more money to see if it is true.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 11-26-2012 at 12:02 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A lot of studies start with a smaller sample size and slowly build up.

If I told you that a woman got pregnant and she was making minimum wage at her job, I think it's pretty clear that that child will drastically impact her financially.

Single people or couples who are either poor or just making ends meet do not have the luxury of having kids.

And while I'm NOT advocating for anyone to use abortion as a contraceptive measure, it is important to understand your priorities.

Bringing a child into a world of poverty isn't ideal.....and a woman has the right to decide what she wants to do with her body.

It might sound cynical, but real life isn't exactly pretty.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

a lot of young couples who have kids get government help in the form of WIC, foodstamps, medicaide, and other forms, so they are at poverty level but still have children, poor people don't have the luxury of having kids? where are you from?

also does it mention more poor people get abortions?

so sure, if you kill your baby you will have more money because you do not have a baby to take care of.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so they are at poverty level but still have children, poor people don't have the luxury of having kids? where are you from?

I should've said it more clearly.....poor people don't have the luxury of PLANNING to have kids.

Most of the time it's an accident, after all, who plans to have kids when they can't even support themselves?

so sure, if you kill your baby you will have more money because you do not have a baby to take care of.

Really?

"kill your baby"?

Every single legal abortion in this country is done before the fetus has properly developed (AKA viability).....what they are "killing" is NOT a baby or even a legitimate human to be accurate.

BTW, just so we're clear, if in the future there is a way to have viability BEFORE the 20-24 week period (AKA Third Trimester) then I would not be in favor of abortions.

In my mind....what they are aborting is NOT a human....plain and simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

then why if you don't kill it, it pops out as a baby human?

if you kill a toddler, they won't become a tween,
    if you kill a teen they won't become an adult,
    if you kill a fetus, it won't become a baby

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Sorry Alex but I can't buy this one. I also read a report that women how women who have abortions have an increased chance to get breast cancer.

http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/index/

No the answer is not to have more abortions or even to deny public assistance to those who woman up and raise their kids but to reduce unwanted pregnancies in the first place. Why is that such a hard concept for both sides of the abortion debate to grasp?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Surely you must see the fallacy in asserting this argument right?

I could say that a sperm if given the chance also has the chance to become human, right?

I could say that a zygote also has a chance to become human, but would you consider that an actual human?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You may as well call a child an adult and let them drink alcohol, since there's no difference.

SCF Rewards
    Country

only if you don't kill them, once dead, it is all over

alex, any life growing within the womb, is life. we will never agree on this, and that is ok.

ut to say women who have abortions are less poor than those who have the baby, is about 1st grade as you can get. if i didn't have 3 daughters, raised them, and paid for college, I would be rich right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast