Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Who should leave feedback first on eBay?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Buyers

20 41.67%
  • Sellers

28 58.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

Feedback should be left at the completion of the transaction once any potential issues are addressed and dealt with. There are lots of scammers out there that pay quickly and two days later claim item not received. Why should I not inform other sellers in my feedback about that?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Buyer should...as a seller, I don't receive feedback until feedback is received. What if the buyer pays promptly, but is unreasonable with requests once they receive the card? Wanting a partial refund, not being cooperative, etc. That doesn't warrant a positive feedback, at least not without a note.

That's paranoia. Don't sell to newbies, and don't sell to children and you won't have any problems. Have you had a sales career? My sales career off the board is 40 years. I treat my customers like customers, not untrusting freaks.

If seller does not leave me feedback first, he has lost me as customer. Period

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's paranoia. Don't sell to newbies, and don't sell to children and you won't have any problems. Have you had a sales career? My sales career off the board is 40 years. I treat my customers like customers, not untrusting freaks.

If seller does not leave me feedback first, he has lost me as customer. Period

So, I should leave feedback for the buyer before the transaction is complete? They're sole responsibility is not to just pay for the card. If they cause problems, they don't deserve positive feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Personally, I feel the buyer should leave first. It confirms the item was received and the is happy with the purchase.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

When I sell, I always leave feedback as soon as I recieve payment. It really P's me off though, when I leave + FB, ship the item in a timely manner, and the buyer doesn't leave feedback. I usually will contact them and ask that they do so. But yes, I believe the seller should leave FB first, as the buyer has done their part once they've paid.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

As a buyer, I leave my feedback when I receive the card, regardless of what the seller's policy is.

As a seller, I leave my feedback at the time of shipping. Buyer has paid and I tell them when I send the invoice that items get marked as shipped & feedback left as verification of shipping.

That's how it usually goes for me buying. Just like this.

The day after I win it, often within just a few hours, I get another ebay generated email with a tracking number, and it's there on the my ebay page. It seems more and more often, they are online, & I get that within 5 or 10 minutes. If not 2 or 3.

And most of the time, there is the feedback from the seller marked on the my ebay page. Maybe 85 to 90 % of the time.

That's the last I hear from him, or her.

3 or 4 days later, he or she gets it the when I get the card. Also, within hours. Before I put it away. I clear it from my computer also - ebay and saved email in the ebay email folder. Feedback is always first on my list to deal with.

That's the last he hears from me.

Some sellers wait until I give them feedback first, and again, there are a few who don't bother at all. Although every once in a while one pops up from a card I bought months before. There's always a few who seem to wait a week or two.

Sometimes I think about leaving the seller feedback when I see thru the tracking number that it's on it's way. It's been processed at some postal center somewhere, and that it's on it's way. Usually the second scan confirms that the seller has indeed actually sent it, as it's moving thru the system.

This is becoming more the standard in my experience. The seller deals with it electronically pretty much asap, including the feedback.

As do I when I get the card a few days later.

This scenario almost always results in a perfect transaction.

The one's who don't leave me feedback like this are the ones I worry about honestly. They are always the slow shippers also. Usually.

It's happening to me right now actually. I have a card I bought on the 9th, and it was shipped yesterday. Also made a few purchases since then, and already gotten most of them.

Only one seller recently hasn't left me feedback, and the only one to not provide a tracking number. Just a "marked as shipped" email.

Everyone else left me feedback at the time they sent me the tracking number. And when I stop to think about it, ( I'm too lazy to check), I'd guess the last 50 or so of my buys have gone like that. Pretty good lately.

A few have not left me feedback yet, but they all shipped with 24 hours, if not sooner.

This one guy's breaking my current track record.....
    Last edited by JWinn; 11-21-2012 at 12:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

I'll chime in here and say what the heck is the difference? If you refuse to deal with someone again because they do not leave you feedback first (but still eventually do), then perhaps you may be getting too emotional over truly trivial things?

As a seller I'll be honest and say that I never leave feedback first, HOWEVER...(and there is a big however here), I always send my buyer a personalized and well thought-out thank you message through the eBay messaging system thanking them for their particular purchase and letting them know that their business and quick payment was appreciated. I also let them know when I will be shipping the item and continually thanking them along the way, whether it is for a $1 item or a $250 item. After they receive the card and essentially complete the transaction for the both of us by doing so, I actually leave a formal feedback acknowledging the mutual completion of a deal.

I give a personal touch that transcends the limits of so-called "feedback" and I currently have a 10 out of 10 rating in every category as a seller. Nobody complains about what I do.

Judging a seller based on when they give you feedback instead of how they treat you as a customer and how they send out your product is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard in a while. Next we'll be complaining that the seller didn't ship the card to you in a gold-encrusted envelope, with insurance, tracking, white-glove service and champagne BEFORE you even pay for the item.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

I like the tracking, but champagne would be great!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

As a seller I always wait for the buyer to leave feedback before I leave it as I want to make sure they get the card and are 100% satisfied! I also don't want to leave positive feedback for scam artists who after time file a paypal claim and win it when I sent the card! As a buyer I sometimes forget to leave feedback right away on deals when I receive the cards. I need to do a better job with that.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Feedback is discretionary on eBay to begin with. eBay themselves use it as a tool to suppress sellers, however it is not mandatory.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast