Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Who should leave feedback first on eBay?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • Buyers

20 41.67%
  • Sellers

28 58.33%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Just wanted to touch on your break comment pinchmebnl. I agree I get a lot of positive feedback before anything possibly could get shipped. What I tell people (if they ask, and some do) is that as soon as the break link is sent their product is 'shipped'. Bonus cards to follow. Now, that said.. I tell them if they've won a card, don't leave feedback yet - wait til it arrives, it's only fair on both our parts. If you've won nothing and nothing is coming in by mail go ahead and leave feedback.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Strictly a buyer here. So far, lol.

I feel the seller should leave me feedback first, after I have paid. I have done my part.

However, AS a strict buyer, it's the cards I am after, not the feedback. Once I get the card, I leave the proper feedback,(usually very positive unless it's slow, and even then, still a positive) regardless if the seller has left me feedback or not.

I know that to sellers, the feedback is much more important than it is to me. My feedback as a buyer really doesn't matter, as I am almost always paid by the time they even look mine up.

I notice though, that there are ebay sellers who never leave feedback. Just an observation.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

To be clear, I am primarily a seller on Ebay and I don't care who leaves feedback first. It typically ends up being me beacause my OCD can't handle all those blank stars on the item lines. With that being said I disagree with all of you who think your responsibility as a buyer is complete when payment is made. In a normal transaction, ie. in person then yes once payment is made then your responsibility is complete. However Ebay is not a "normal" transaction, your responsibility is not completed until you leave feedback. The feedback is part of the transaction and almost as important as the payment, if it wasn't for feedback there would be no Ebay.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

When a buyer pays, his contractual obligation is over.

A seller should always leave first.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Could you provide us the statement on ebay that provides this contractual information?

When a buyer pays, his contractual obligation is over.

A seller should always leave first.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

When you bid, it's a binding contract under eBay rules.

When you pay, that binding contractual obligation is over. You have fulfilled it as a buyer. If I pay, and You ship to me, and wait for feedback from me "The Customer?" , you will be waiting forever.

A Customer is a customer. If you don't treat them as such, then you don't deserve their business.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So that is your own personal contract, but there's nothing actually stating on Ebay that once payment is made the buyer's contractual obligations are complete right? Just would like to know, because Ebay's entire platform is based on feedback, if there wasn't feedback the amount of financial transactions would be extremely limited and Ebay wouldn't be worth billions.

Like I said in an earlier post I don't care if I'm left feedback or not or if it is left first or not. It would be nice to know if there were actual rules on Ebay or a suggested policy to follow regarding this question.

When you bid, it's a binding contract under eBay rules.

When you pay, that binding contractual obligation is over. You have fulfilled it as a buyer. If I pay, and You ship to me, and wait for feedback from me "The Customer?" , you will be waiting forever.

A Customer is a customer. If you don't treat them as such, then you don't deserve their business.

Last edited by 13stepper; 11-20-2012 at 03:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mndroner's Items on eBay

As a seller I prefer that the buyer leaves feedback first so if there are any issues they can be dealt with accordingly and I can still try to get that positive feedback. As a buyer I don't really care who leaves it first but I have yet to have a poor experience in my 8 years of mostly buying.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

As a buyer, I leave my feedback when I receive the card, regardless of what the seller's policy is.

As a seller, I leave my feedback at the time of shipping. Buyer has paid and I tell them when I send the invoice that items get marked as shipped & feedback left as verification of shipping.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buyer should...as a seller, I don't receive feedback until feedback is received. What if the buyer pays promptly, but is unreasonable with requests once they receive the card? Wanting a partial refund, not being cooperative, etc. That doesn't warrant a positive feedback, at least not without a note.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast