Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Why Philadelphia Flyers Legend Eric Lindros Deserves Spot in Hockey Hall of Fame

As another class of players were recently inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, many fans wondered why former Philadelphia Flyers star Eric Lindros wasn't in the group. Is it because he was as divisive a player as the NHL's seen in its history? And does he really deserve to be enshrined with all the other greats of the game?

Love him or hate him, there's no arguing that Lindros was one of the best players of his generation, and he should be honored as such.

No player has ever begun their career with as much hype but also as much controversy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...y-hall-of-fame

SCF Rewards
    Country

He should get into the hall, and this should not even be up for debate.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I am also a big proponent of Lindros getting into the Hall. How many players in the history of the game have been able to say, "In my prime, I was the best hockey player in the world." ?

If Cam Neely gets honoured for his Samuelsson-shortened career, why not Eric on his Stevens-shortened career? I know most of us revere Scott Stevens for his hard-hitting, shut-down defenseman role, but in today's game, that hit would be considered a cheap flying elbow head shot. And it worked, too, Eric was done after that.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 11-23-2012 at 01:07 PM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

It's unfortunate that the HOF selection committee messed-up completely on selecting Neely, Gillies and Federko.

Lindros deserves to be in more than these 3, same as Vinny Damphousse with 1205 career NHL Points, and Verbeek with 522 Goals and 1063 Points.

Sadly Vinny and Verbeek may never be invited in, and that is a shame based on Neely and Gillies paltry numbers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

These are the same scumbags that denied Pat Burns entry while he lay on his death bed, and then again in the year of his memorial.

BANNED

Country

These are the same scumbags that denied Pat Burns entry while he lay on his death bed, and then again in the year of his memorial.

It is rumoured that the HOF selection committee wanted nothing to do with Dino getting in simply because he made a mistake when he was drunk years ago.

They site Pete Rose with every distraction that had nothing to do with the players career. The people of Canada and certain powers that be told the HOF committee to gets it's house in order and give Dino his rightful spot.

The HOF committee is idiotically keen on Popularity rather than NHL career production, hence Neely, Gillies and Federko, and the reason that Verbeek and Damphousse and Housley may never get a shot.
    Last edited by centrehice; 11-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am also a big proponent of Lindros getting into the Hall. How many players in the history of the game have been able to say, "In my prime, I was the best hockey player in the world." ?

It's one thing to be the "best" but he was arguably the most physically dominant player to lace up the skates.

BANNED

Country

Very arguably. ..... Ever watch Gordie Howe in his prime? Lol. Makes Lindros look like a Pee Wee.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very arguably. ..... Ever watch Gordie Howe in his prime? Lol. Makes Lindros look like a Pee Wee.

I can't agree with that, having never seen Gordie in his prime. Eric dominated physically against faster, bigger guys.

Eric Lindros - 6'4", 230lbs
    Gordie Howe - 6'0", 205lbs

Pee wee, huh?

BANNED

Country

Howe was uber Tough. He never lost a fight, ever.......

For at least 10 years in the NHL when the puck went into the corner, opposing players, just let him have it, they wanted no part of missing teeth from a timed elbow to the chops.

When Gordie was a teen on the Farm in Floral, he used to take a 65lb. Hay Bale one in each arm and throw them up 6 rows high onto the half-ton truck.

Super strong with forearms as large as many players thighs.

He's called "Mr Hockey" for a reason
    Last edited by centrehice; 11-23-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast