Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Just thinking of a few more.

Kelly Holcomb (Browns thought he would be a savior)
    Tommy Maddox

Quote Originally Posted by Buyinggameused View Post
    Kordell was funny - Steelers fans mostly hated him once he was playing QB.
    That is me. As Slash he was a beast, as a QB he was a bust. I have always felt that he passed up a potential HOF career as a WR so that he could go down in history as one of the biggest disappointments as a QB.

Buying Game Used I agree Jamal Lewis was great. I have a large PC of him. Plus you can pick up his only jersey auto (spx) for around 5-10 bucks. That's a steal

Ronnie Brown - His contenders used to sell for 150 compared to around 10 bucks now.

Larry Johnson - contenders in august 06 was 415 now worth 10 bucks wow.

Vince young - exquisite rookie year $1500 + , now probably 100-200

Anthony Thomas - used to be best selling 01 rookie, now spx can be picked up for 5 bucks

Byron Leftwich - I paid 130 for his spx, now it can be picked up for 5-10.

Kevin Jones - His contenders was close to a 100 dollar card, now 10.

Laurence Maroney - his stuff was fairly valuable for a shortwhile.

Matt Flynn - Kind of a joke here but, he has cooled since Wilson has come onto the scene.

I love when numbers are included - great post. From time to time I'll buy collections or lots, and a few of the guys you mentioned are typically included. I know a Leftwich graded auto was thrown in, and on one recent deal the guy included a nice Ronnie Brown RC patch.

I remember when LJ came on the scene after his one good year at PSU - took a few years and he had 40 TDs in two seasons. Amazing. He was a fantasy league monster, as well.

And I totally had some Flynn autos from my commons box - sold them on eBay. Now they're MUCH less valuable.
    I'm always looking to trade cards for original Nintendo (NES) games or rare D-Wade or MJ cards! Also, when sending cards out, please make certain the cards are well-protected and well-packaged.

What about Edgerrin James? The guy was a beast just about his whole career. I also strongly believe if he would have never had his big injury in 01 he very well could have be #1 all time. (I know other will disagree, but he was way more then on pace). He is #11 all time rusher and was in the top 10. Most likely will be a HOF'er. If not something is wrong as out of the top 20 only 3 didn't get in and 2 of them are #17 and #20. He also played in a superbowl. In the early 2000's you couldn't afford his cards. His contenders ticket auto was selling for $750+! His SPAthentic was $450+. His SPX auto was about $400+. Any card you had of him was price. His rookies out of dollar packs were $20+ cards. Now days its pretty rare to see any card for his break the $50 mark. He needs some more love in the hobby, but he was always a quite under the radar player and just did his thing. But he was a great player and sadly I never got to see him play live. Edge for ever......

Edgerrin James is a very good example. He was also a decent receiver from what I remember. I see his SPx rookie selling for around $15, which is crazy. I wonder what his Contenders RC auto print run is?
    I'm always looking to trade cards for original Nintendo (NES) games or rare D-Wade or MJ cards! Also, when sending cards out, please make certain the cards are well-protected and well-packaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyinggameused View Post
    Edgerrin James is a very good example. He was also a decent receiver from what I remember. I see his SPx rookie selling for around $15, which is crazy. I wonder what his Contenders RC auto print run is?
    525! I own close to 40 of them. I also own all the other versions except the power blue. I just cant find one lol.
    Last edited by edgerrin32; 12-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Lol I was gonna say dante culpepper. Sad he blew out his knee. He was starting to look like steve mcnair.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast