Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

FERC Chairman Dubs .22 Rifles Terrorist Weapons

Written by Admin on November 26, 2012

The chairman of the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has provided aspiring terrorists with an idea – use a .22 rifle to take out power transformers.
    “There are ways that a very few number of actors with very rudimentary equipment could take down large portions of our grid,” FERC Chairman Jon Wellinghoff said at a Bloomberg Government breakfast in Washington last Friday. “I don’t think we have the level of physical security we need.”
    A would-be al-Qaeda miscreant “could get 200 yards away with a .22 rifle” could take down the power grid, Wellinghoff warned.

http://www.dailypaul.com/264357/ferc...rorist-weapons
    Last edited by Zimbow; 11-27-2012 at 12:37 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

I'll be the first to admit, I'm probably reaching a little bit with this article. I was online searching products to clean my .22LR and stumbled upon this article above. I normally sway away from articles like these especially since it isn't a reliable source. Just thought I would get that out first before members say that I am reaching a little too far. Anyways, I apologize ahead of time if anyone thinks that I'm reaching for an article, but it popped up along the yellow brick road I was walking.

EDIT; record post for typing the word " article " the most?