Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Update on Devante Smith-Pelly Stamped Autograph RC's

Collectors may recall that it was discovered that DSP had allegedly taken a stamp to a number of his cards that were intended to be hard-signed for several products. Well, today confirmation was given that he did indeed not properly sign the cards. Courtesy of gomaz over at HI:

I was contacted by Martin McQuaig who is the Manager, Retail Licensing of the NHLPA.

He called to advise regarding the Devante Smith-Pelly stamp autograph cards.

Martin confirmed that Smith-Pelly was using a stamp and that only the following brands were impacted:

Panini Contenders
    Panini Prime
    Upper Deck SP Authentic
    Upper Deck Ultimate
    Upper Deck The Cup

He went to say that the NHLPA takes this seriously and that when they learned of this rumor they conducted their due diligence and concluded that the rumor was fact.

He mentioned that Upper Deck and Panini will be making announcements on their blogs regarding their plans to rectify the situation with collectors.

And indeed UD has already done so:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2012/11/201...ard-situation/

This is to address the recent discovery that a number of cards distributed by Upper Deck in select 2011-12 NHL trading card releases and purporting to be “hand-signed” by NHL rookie Devante Smith-Pelly were not, in fact, “hand-signed” by the player. Upon discovering that cards of Anaheim Ducks player Devante Smith-Pelly included in select 2011-12 NHL products may have been marked by a stamp instead of being hand-signed, Upper Deck immediately contacted the player’s agent and the NHLPA. After confirming the cards were not signed by Devante Smith-Pelly, Upper Deck immediately began the process of remaking his signed trading cards for 2011-12 NHL SP Authentic, 2011-12 NHL Ultimate Collection and 2011-12 NHL The Cup. Devante Smith-Pelly will autograph these remade cards.

Collectors who pulled these cards simply need to contact Upper Deck’s Customer Care group at (800) 873-7332 or by emailing [email protected]. Upper Deck staff will provide instructions on how to send in your card to have it replaced. Additionally, Upper Deck will provide some relief on shipping costs for collectors affected in the form of two (2) new Upper Deck packs sent back with the replacement card.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

I for one have ZERO intrest in any of his autos, for now, forever

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

He should be thrown out of the NHLPA and have his contract revoked and torn up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I just pulled his Future Watch auto redemption, this will be the ultimate test for Upper Deck, will they send me a stamped card or a newly signed card?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See ledeuxieme's Items on eBay

i wonder if any of the stamp autos were sent into beckett or psa/dna for grading. would those guys have caught the stamp... or would the autograph been given a grade. makes me wonder.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i wonder if any of the stamp autos were sent into beckett or psa/dna for grading. would those guys have caught the stamp... or would the autograph been given a grade. makes me wonder.

They've authenticated cards that had an autograph printed onto the card's design before so I wouldn't be surprised to see a stamp go through. They don't have much common sense when authenticating they just look for a legit looking autograph and give it the thumps up.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well that's just great, my first pack pulled 1 of 1 had to be of a guy who would try to cheat. Now my card is probably worthless since it was the 11-12 Contenders Rookie Patch Auto Gold. How much will this affect the trade/sale value of my card?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

Just seems lazy! It must suck to sign all those cards, but c'mon, some players sign way more than he does and I'm assuming he was compensated for his time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

Do the players have to sign all these cards? If they decided that it's just not worth their time to do it can they just say no or does the NHLPA make them?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Maple Leafs
    See durangatang7's Items on eBay

Do the players have to sign all these cards? If they decided that it's just not worth their time to do it can they just say no or does the NHLPA make them?

I am under the impression they are obligated to as part of the CBA or something. At least for a set like BAP where you sometimes see players who don't sign a lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast