Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 1997 Legends ??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pogy647's Items on eBay

1997 Legends ??

I have a fred dean card that is says that I got a certified auto card from Fred Dean but the front is without a sig. What do you guys know about this??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ha that sounds weird. Maybe it was on a sticker on the front and somone took it off??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually there were quite a bit of them that did that because they wanted pretty much EVERY legend when they started the set but some people didnt sign.

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rayny1's Items on eBay

Here is what it says in the big beckett book.

1997 Upper deck Legends Autographs

Randomly inserted in retail packs at the rate of 1:5 foil and 1:10 magazine/retail packs, this set is a partial parallel version of the main set. Some were available only via a mail-in redemption that expired 10/15/98. Although Billy Johnson, FRED DEAN, Sid Luckman, Bob Trumpy, Willie Wood and Mike Webster did have redemption cards inserted into packs, none of these players returned any cards signed to Upper Deck.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pogy647's Items on eBay

but mine is not the redemption card it is the card that was returned unsigned.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah they got something on the back of the card saying that person was unavilable for signing when they had the cards so they just put it in like that. I also believe that the card is punched in the corner as well.

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rayny1's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by mjbowman
    but mine is not the redemption card it is the card that was returned unsigned.

Then I would say you picked the wrong pack to pick. :)

I guess it would be worth nothing more than a base card of that set? Maybe a few cents more at best.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by rayny1
    Here is what it says in the big beckett book.

1997 Upper deck Legends Autographs

Randomly inserted in retail packs at the rate of 1:5 foil and 1:10 magazine/retail packs, this set is a partial parallel version of the main set. Some were available only via a mail-in redemption that expired 10/15/98. Although Billy Johnson, FRED DEAN, Sid Luckman, Bob Trumpy, Willie Wood and Mike Webster did have redemption cards inserted into packs, none of these players returned any cards signed to Upper Deck.

Does anyone know which players were redemption only? Were they all the high-end guys like Payton, Brown, etc?