Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I think that speaks volumes

I still have not seen for any of you who support the need for Weapons such as the AR15 or the Bush whacker to not be banned or weapons of this type. I still whole Hearted believe that is no reasonable reason for any private citizens to have weapons of this type in your house.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

LOL lets ban 'assault' rifles? The AR15 shoots a .223, the same round that is used in many hunting rifles as well. The difference between the two? Hunting is bolt action or semi auto and the assault is semi auto. Assault rifles have different stocks and grips is all..

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

LOL lets ban 'assault' rifles? The AR15 shoots a .223, the same round that is used in many hunting rifles as well. The difference between the two? Hunting is bolt action or semi auto and the assault is semi auto. Assault rifles have different stocks and grips is all.

Well then assault rifles aren't necessary, are they

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well then assault rifles aren't necessary, are they

No they aren't. But a hunting rifle is basically the same thing,

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No they aren't. But a hunting rifle is basically the same thing,

So if this is the case, then why does anyone need an assault rifle? Seems like a hunting rifle would do the same thing, since they're the same gun.
    Why are people so scared of losing assault weapons if they already exist?

SCF Rewards
    Country

So if this is the case, then why does anyone need an assault rifle? Seems like a hunting rifle would do the same thing, since they're the same gun.
    Why are people so scared of losing assault weapons if they already exist?

I'm not afraid of losing 'assault' rifles. What I'm saying is there is almost no difference in assault and hunting besides the fact that assault are cheaper to mass produce and are going to withstand weather better because of the plastic.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not afraid of losing 'assault' rifles. What I'm saying is there is almost no difference in assault and hunting besides the fact that assault are cheaper to mass produce and are going to withstand weather better because of the plastic.

Never said you were, but many are. I just don't understand why people are against losing one when the other is the same. Or why they have different names.

Or is the slippery slope theorizing?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Never said you were, but many are. I just don't understand why people are against losing one when the other is the same. Or why they have different names.

Or is the slippery slope theorizing?

Well those same people are wondering why you want one banned when the other is basically the same?

Here's my theory - You cannot ban anything that has been mass produced for years. Whether that's guns, knives, teddy bears or anything. If there was a new weapon coming out then yes, it could be banned. You could try and limit ammunition, but most people have the capability to reload their own anyways. It is an extremely slippery slope.

I just don't want to see a ban to make the politicians trying to win votes...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well those same people are wondering why you want one banned when the other is basically the same?

Here's my theory - You cannot ban anything that has been mass produced for years. Whether that's guns, knives, teddy bears or anything. If there was a new weapon coming out then yes, it could be banned. You could try and limit ammunition, but most people have the capability to reload their own anyways. It is an extremely slippery slope.

I just don't want to see a ban to make the politicians trying to win votes...

Everything is an "extremely slippery slope" though. Allow gay marriage and soon people will be marrying treest!
    Stupid
    Legalize marijuana and soon heroin will be given to our kids in schools!
    Stupid

So is this a case of thinking an assault rifle ban will lead to a ban on all guns? Why is everything all or nothing? Is balance seen as a bad thing?

Your first point is more than valid, just as valid as mine. If they're essentially the same, though, why are the classified as different? It can't just be the grips.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Everything is an "extremely slippery slope" though. Allow gay marriage and soon people will be marrying treest!
    Stupid
    Legalize marijuana and soon heroin will be given to our kids in schools!
    Stupid

So is this a case of thinking an assault rifle ban will lead to a ban on all guns? Why is everything all or nothing? Is balance seen as a bad thing?

Your first point is more than valid, just as valid as mine. If they're essentially the same, though, why are the classified as different? It can't just be the grips.

Ha I am all for gay marriage and marijuana! People that think those things are ridiculous.

My point is that to ban assault rifles is not going to do anything but make people feel good simply because there are so many on the market already. If anything, stop the sales and manufacture of new weapons.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast