Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 257 of 282 FirstFirst ... 157207247254255256257258259260267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2816
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Hi, I found this seller on eBay and I don't know what to think about their listings. In terms of their hockey stuff, they only sell "proof" cards. Here's a link to their sold listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Ice-Hockey-Cards/216/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from&_ssn=leximo&_sac=1 &LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1 684

The other thing I found weird about is that they have a number of completed listings that are high gloss young guns from 09-10 and don't have serial numbers:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Ice-Hockey-Cards/216/m.html?_sac=1&_ssn=leximo&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_nkw= young%20guns&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732. m1684

Is it legit? They have a great rating, maybe I'm just unfamiliar with proof cards, but most of them are sold pretty cheaply and I thought proof cards were typically worth a little more.

They are indeed legit. Hard to tell for which products/cards have proof cards though in some cases. If they are ever released to the secondary market, they are either released in the product itself or through giveaways/ extras in redemption replacements/ through customer service "freebies", etc. In The Cup, Upper Deck will insert redemptions for full proof card sheets, for example.

Usually Proof cards sell for very little, unless you get a bidding war between two player collectors. They still can be very collectible. I didn't know they had the YG Proofs from 09-10 though. Upon further research, looks like they released the High Gloss Proofs for the base card set, too.

May have to keep my eyes peeled for a 09-10 Enroth YG HG Proof to add to the PC one of these days.

Upper Deck once sent me a bunch of the non-numbered HG cards as a replacement for some damaged Young Guns. Weird that they have them sitting around.

@WinWithoutaKnife Do you know which year they were from? Because I'd be looking for the 09-10 YG HG Proof of Jhonas Enroth if you have it.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 04-09-2018 at 08:57 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Oakland Raiders Kentucky Wildcats

In follow-up to this post, wanted to say that it is now April 2018 and I just recieved a weird eBay message from a buyer stating they were wondering if i could ship in a brand new one-touch and free of charge. This person is still at it after all this time. Anyway, as a SCF member, I know about this thread so I searched and saw this post. I am glad i did, because otherwise I probably would not have done anything. But now I blocked immediately after reading this and the other related messages. The card in question is $7 CAN and i charge $2.99 CAN for shipping. Thanks for taking the time to post the warning, it helps us all.

Wish I had have seen this sooner. This user awadyves2011 purchased a Bill Guerin auto card off me on ebay. Total with shipping was like $11. He asked prior to bidding if I would ship in a brand new one touch. I said no, because it's an $11 card and I didnt have any one touches anyways, that it would be shipped in a top loader. He bid anyways and won the card on March 30th. He then asked if he could pay April 4th, I agreed. He paid on the 4th and I shipped on the 5th. Today I received this message from him:

hello
    i still have not received my card and i am not happy at all. i paid for a card that have not arrived. i bought cards from the usa after your card and i got these card without yours... that is not acceptable. i want a refund for this card. this is not acceptable and i want you to make things right...

This boiled my blood to be honest. 5 business days is not too long to wait for a card considering shipping was $2.99. Before I did/said something stupid I ate the $11 and refunded him his money. I knew as soon as he demanded the card be shipped in a brand new one touch that this guy was going to be trouble. Not worth the hassle for the small amount of money, but seriously, watch out for this guy.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Thank you, I will block this idiot for sure! Make sure you right this in his feedback. You can't leave negative feedback but always make sure other people can see this on his feedback page. I always comment in feedbacks in which I had a bad experience, like buyers claiming they did not receive. It has help me before.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (38)
    Country
    See furtova's Items on eBay

Wish I had have seen this sooner. This user awadyves2011 purchased a Bill Guerin auto card off me on ebay. Total with shipping was like $11. He asked prior to bidding if I would ship in a brand new one touch. I said no, because it's an $11 card and I didnt have any one touches anyways, that it would be shipped in a top loader. He bid anyways and won the card on March 30th. He then asked if he could pay April 4th, I agreed. He paid on the 4th and I shipped on the 5th. Today I received this message from him:

hello
    i still have not received my card and i am not happy at all. i paid for a card that have not arrived. i bought cards from the usa after your card and i got these card without yours... that is not acceptable. i want a refund for this card. this is not acceptable and i want you to make things right...

This boiled my blood to be honest. 5 business days is not too long to wait for a card considering shipping was $2.99. Before I did/said something stupid I ate the $11 and refunded him his money. I knew as soon as he demanded the card be shipped in a brand new one touch that this guy was going to be trouble. Not worth the hassle for the small amount of money, but seriously, watch out for this guy.

Wow, that is just brutal. With my situation it was a fluke really, I could have easily been in the exact same situation as you. I feel for you, there is no way this guy should be allowed on eBay. If I had been busy that day and not had time to check the name out and time to search on SCF I would not have done anything. On a side note, when you block someone, what happens when that person tries to bid on your items? Does it just say you are not allowed to bid with this buyer, is it like a warning message?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Wants: YZERMAN; JAGR; Chronology Autos; older player autos (ex. Franchises, Park. Champions, etc);
    VEZINA WINNERS GU & Autos; TOEWS/KANE 2007-08 BAP Dual Auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, that is just brutal. With my situation it was a fluke really, I could have easily been in the exact same situation as you. I feel for you, there is no way this guy should be allowed on eBay. If I had been busy that day and not had time to check the name out and time to search on SCF I would not have done anything. On a side note, when you block someone, what happens when that person tries to bid on your items? Does it just say you are not allowed to bid with this buyer, is it like a warning message?

I'm not 100% sure, I just went into settings and blocked his username. It was a coincidence really that I just got back into cards and only have about 55 feedback on ebay, all from the last month, and 4 here. At this point my word doesn't stretch a long way if you know what I mean. It's honestly turned me off ebay selling. Vast majority of people are honest in the exchange of money and cards, but alas we have someone who has to ruin it. I did everything before the fact and only seen the complaints here after everything had been done. I wish I would have taken a stand against this person because I gave a refund so easily, and I'm sure others have too, he'll continue to abuse this. If he had have purchased a card off me for $100+ we would have a major issue. The thing that boggles my mind is this guy has like 1100 feedback at 100%. No one has stood up to him obviously, so incentive for him to keep ripping people off.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not 100% sure, I just went into settings and blocked his username. It was a coincidence really that I just got back into cards and only have about 55 feedback on ebay, all from the last month, and 4 here. At this point my word doesn't stretch a long way if you know what I mean. It's honestly turned me off ebay selling. Vast majority of people are honest in the exchange of money and cards, but alas we have someone who has to ruin it. I did everything before the fact and only seen the complaints here after everything had been done. I wish I would have taken a stand against this person because I gave a refund so easily, and I'm sure others have too, he'll continue to abuse this. If he had have purchased a card off me for $100+ we would have a major issue. The thing that boggles my mind is this guy has like 1100 feedback at 100%. No one has stood up to him obviously, so incentive for him to keep ripping people off.

And this fockin moron sells on ebay. In 2 days the Bill Guerin auto card I packaged and shipped for him will be up on his page for $35 buy it now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Sellers can't leave buyers negative feedback so he will only have positives if he only buys.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (59)
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Stars
    See allgood.collectibles's Items on eBay

Sellers can't leave buyers negative feedback so he will only have positives if he only buys.

You can however respond to the feedback given to you which will appear under his comment. You can use that to warn others

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Ebay Fails

I enjoy seeing great ebay fails. Let's post the ones we find. First up is this Esposito "game used" stick. Why would Esposito been playing out, even for a camp? Plus, if he used this in a camp, it wouldn't be "game" used. I also can't tell if the seller wrote "Game Used" or if he asked Tony to sign it that way.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tony-Esposi...EAAOSwCHZatpYx

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Interesting piece

Page 257 of 282 FirstFirst ... 157207247254255256257258259260267 ... LastLast