Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 268 of 282 FirstFirst ... 168218258265266267268269270271278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2816
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I understand putting a bin/ offer price a little higher than you're willing to accept/ market, but i almost didn't send an offer on a card because the user was over their skills asking 5-6 times what i thought was a fair price. The seller accepted within 5 minutes...

Frustrating for sure, but glad you got the item.

Sometimes sellers will ask for the moon and hope someone buys it at that price. I had the same scenario play out a while back. Seller had a card listed for a high amount, I offered what I thought was fair, and to my surprise the seller accepted almost immediately. In fairness, this card had been listed with a high BIN/BO option for a long time, so maybe they just wanted to sell it already, but still.

It's always worth sending in an offer just to see what happens. You just never know.

Edit: Merged Sparty07's original thread in the Show & Tell/Breaks forum with our eBay Issues thread, as it's more appropriate to be placed in here.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 08-11-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is an interesting one for me.... has never happened before.

I bought a card on eBay about a month ago. It had been listed off and on for a year, with an insane BIN. Finally came down to earth, reasonably priced auction. I won it for the opening bid ($10) as I expected. The seller was in Europe, and charged next to nothing for s/h ($1).

Got the card in the mail yesterday. No issues with timing / shipping / etc. Issue is with the card that was sent:

With the GU pieces on it, it's clearly the card from the photo - so this was not a bait & switch issue.

It's a mid-00's ITG card, where cards are not labled "Gold" or "Silver", nor do they have "1 of 10" vs "1 of 40" written on the back. This particular set - the way you tell is there is a bit of lettering on the front (middle) of the card.... the Player's Name, and the Set name.... that are either in Gold or Silver.

The auction (in the title) very clearly stated "GOLD 1/10".

The card I got, very clearly, has Silver writing. It's NOT the Gold Version.

So what am I to do? If I ask for a return - it's going to cost me about $5 to send it back. Normally I'm not against doing something like that (I've done it before, spent upwards of 80% of my refund to send something back - just on principal) but I spent $5, to recoup $6 (net).... and it's card that I probably would have bid on, for the price I paid, anyway.

At the same time, I'm not happy about being misled as to what card I was getting.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

2 options, leave a neutral or negative feedback or ask for a partial refund as its not as described

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Notify the seller and see what they say. Does the seller have good feedback rating? Maybe they knew but maybe they thought they had that card by mistake.

Hopefully can negotiate it out and get partial refund

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I bought a card on eBay about a month ago. It had been listed off and on for a year, with an insane BIN. Finally came down to earth, reasonably priced auction. I won it for the opening bid ($10) as I expected. The seller was in Europe, and charged next to nothing for s/h ($1).

Got the card in the mail yesterday. No issues with timing / shipping / etc. Issue is with the card that was sent:

With the GU pieces on it, it's clearly the card from the photo - so this was not a bait & switch issue.

It's a mid-00's ITG card, where cards are not labled "Gold" or "Silver", nor do they have "1 of 10" vs "1 of 40" written on the back. This particular set - the way you tell is there is a bit of lettering on the front (middle) of the card.... the Player's Name, and the Set name.... that are either in Gold or Silver.

So what am I to do? If I ask for a return - it's going to cost me about $5 to send it back. Normally I'm not against doing something like that (I've done it before, spent upwards of 80% of my refund to send something back - just on principal) but I spent $5, to recoup $6 (net).... and it's card that I probably would have bid on, for the price I paid, anyway.

At the same time, I'm not happy about being misled as to what card I was getting.

If the item is not as described, you open a case and the seller is forced to pay for return shipping and give a refund.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I would contact the seller and request a partial refund. If you can still use the card but feel that it wasn't what you wanted I think that would be reasonable. Otherwise, open an Item not as Described case and have the seller reimburse you for everything, including return shipping.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Story time again... (unfortunately)

Here's a whopper that spans one year of a grudge. I'd left a negative feedback for a low volume seller over a year ago (!) because of a huge shipping overcharge (I expected tracking, what I got was "handling" and a stamp for nearly 20 dollars). The guy was absolutely ridiculous in messages and threatened me repeatedly. Wild stuff. This was PlatinumPete77.
    Lo and behold, someone named Petros19 buys a few cheap cards from me about a week ago. I ship them out next day, and then he leaves me a negative ("displeased") with no messages, no explanation, nothing. A quick check of his feedback and you see a seller note "beware - this guy has 3 names - HeatherBelle80 and PlatinumPete77"
    So, there you have it. One entire year of holding a grudge. I am hoping that based on the fact that I blocked him after the initial transaction, his act of circumventing this is harassment and I'm hoping ebay will remove the negative from my otherwise clean feedback (of many years).
    CHERRY ON TOP: This man purchased a church in Nova Scotia in 2017 and is currently running a GoFundMe for 30k to repair the church.
    A man of God. Holding true to Godly virtues.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Story time again... (unfortunately)

Here's a whopper that spans one year of a grudge. I'd left a negative feedback for a low volume seller over a year ago (!) because of a huge shipping overcharge (I expected tracking, what I got was "handling" and a stamp for nearly 20 dollars). The guy was absolutely ridiculous in messages and threatened me repeatedly. Wild stuff. This was PlatinumPete77.
    Lo and behold, someone named Petros19 buys a few cheap cards from me about a week ago. I ship them out next day, and then he leaves me a negative ("displeased") with no messages, no explanation, nothing. A quick check of his feedback and you see a seller note "beware - this guy has 3 names - HeatherBelle80 and PlatinumPete77"
    So, there you have it. One entire year of holding a grudge. I am hoping that based on the fact that I blocked him after the initial transaction, his act of circumventing this is harassment and I'm hoping ebay will remove the negative from my otherwise clean feedback (of many years).
    CHERRY ON TOP: This man purchased a church in Nova Scotia in 2017 and is currently running a GoFundMe for 30k to repair the church.
    A man of God. Holding true to Godly virtues.

Sorry to hear that you are having to go through this. I recently had another man of god on eBay purchase an item of mine. I was alerted to him from a thread very much like this, so I cancelled the transaction. He threatened me with bodily harm. Then used 3 other names to purchase items from me repeatedly, and left me negatives each time. I called eBay each time and thankfully they wound up removing the feedbacks. It wasn't so easy always, twice the eBay rep didn't understand or care, but in the end they removed them. Sadly there are loads of vindictive bad apples out there. All the best.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is a first.

I toggle between Canadian & USA addresses in my eBay settings, I'l use an American address (COMC, etc) once in a while. Yesterday was one of those occassions.

I had forgotten to switch back to my normal one, and a card I was looking for came across in my search results......and I'm trying to figure out what the s/h to Canada (rather than USA) will cost. This is especially relevant because the seller is located in Canada.... actually in another part of Ontario (same province as me!)

It looks like they've set things up to exclude Canada, and only ship to the USA. I figure this can't be right - so I send a message.

Nope. It was correct. Too many missing items in Canada Post, so now this Ontario-based card dealer..... ONLY SELLS TO USA.

I have never seen that before, ever.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

30ranfordfan - I have been selling on eBay for about 8 years, selling mainly hockey cards and silver bullion. For about 6 years I would have maybe 1-2% of my packages late or missing. Over the last 2 years it has been some 10-15% (it seems). Most of my missing packages have been to Quebec. Now... I remember one particular month I had 50% of my packages go missing. I thought I was getting scammed by the province of Quebec... which is just a crazy notion. I wanted to stop selling to buyers from Quebec but a lot of my overall business is from buyers in Quebec.

I could understand the seller not selling to Canada if the listings were in US funds. May as well take advantage of the US economy while it lasts. But being in Ontario myself I have only ever had problems with 1 eBayer from Ontario in all my years. So yes, that is an oddity and I have not come across that situation in my 3960 feedback eBay account.

As for your ITG Gold becoming Silver.... I am an avid ITG collector. I have come across that situation before, quite a few times. Most often the seller is unfamiliar with ITG products and cannot decipher the difference between silver and gold. Sometimes the scan/picture creates a flash so the buyer cannot even decipher the difference until the card is in hand. It's too bad. If you send it back the seller has to refund you the shipping cost. That is an eBay policy. If you need the card for your collection anyways then simply explain the situation to the seller and tell them that you are unhappy with the listing not being proper and you have to leave them neutral/negative feedback. Hopefully they give a partial refund in understanding the situation and you can leave positive feedback. Just do not use the negative/neutral feedback as a threat as that would be extortion and also an eBay policy.

Oh... and watch out for your address or card that you use when buying! I have almost made that mistake many times.

Page 268 of 282 FirstFirst ... 168218258265266267268269270271278 ... LastLast