Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272279280281282
Results 2,811 to 2,816 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another big time Ebay autograph forger scam artist: autographmemoriestsc

This guy really tried to sell me that these autographs are real. I asked him where he got them and wouldn't respond for a while. I finally noted he had a slew of fake autographs and then I got a "oh i traded it from a guy in Texas" baloney. I was also blocked all of a sudden and could only respond to him from my initial email (why do these people think blocking someone asking about the authenticity of an autograph will make them look good?).

This is a guy with 2000 autographs. He literally claimed to me "I built this hobby." I think he was referring to the 'fake autograph" hobby because although he's probably got some real autographs in that 2000, the autographs in question are totally fake and to repeatedly claim these are real is insulting. If you look at the first picture attached, it's like he wasn't even trying. Those fake autos aren't even close to the real thing.

He has a slew of big name players in baseball, football and basketball, he has forged an autograph - and all of these cards he signs at the very bottom of the card for some reason, over the person's name or team name. No one does this. Not that it hasn't been done, but for this many big name players to do is not a coincidence.

But I did screen shots of a bunch of his forgeries and compared them to the real autos. Not remotely the same.

I showed him my screen shot below of the real and fakes and he said "when they're doing a bunch of autographs for the card companies their autographs are different." Not that different. The real autos and fake autos pictures here are two different things.

I repeatedly asked for an explanation as to why all these cards have a signature in the same spot at the very bottom of the card which players do not normally do and he completely ignored the question.
    His argument is he sells a lot of autographs, so these must be real.

If you do a google search on this guy, it reveals he's been outed for forgeries already numerous times. Apparently he was trying to sell a 2017 Jose Fernandez autographed card released 5 months after his death.

The first screenshot here is a comparison of a few of his fake autographs with real ones of certified autographs. Not one of these is remotely real.

The second shot is a bunch of cards of his where the autograph is at the bottom of the card. He doesn't have a single non-certified autograph on his site that has a signature in a normal place. They're ALL at the very bottom of the card like these.

For some reason he thinks forging every signature at the very bottom of the card over the person's name or team somehow looks real. All of these have been compared with real autographs from the person and these aren't even close. It's almost like he didn't even look at the real autograph to copy, just made up his own.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

There's another seller I know about who does the same thing. Superstar autos, all signed the same way, all fake. And they're bad fakes. I found out quickly nobody cares. You can report him, but nothing will come of it. Just continue to take care of yourself so you don't get ripped off.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just want this guy's ebay name all over the internet so that just in case soeone does do a google search on hm, they'll see what a pathetic scammer he is.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There's another seller I know about who does the same thing. Superstar autos, all signed the same way, all fake. And they're bad fakes. I found out quickly nobody cares. You can report him, but nothing will come of it. Just continue to take care of yourself so you don't get ripped off.

SHARE THEM HERE. I can always share it on the Facebook page. I think people care when they find out they bought a fake.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

SHARE THEM HERE. I can always share it on the Facebook page. I think people care when they find out they bought a fake.

DON

Well, I'll preface this by saying I have zero evidence of anything nefarious, and I'm making no accusations. BUT...take a look at some of the IP autos on the ebay account bigdealcard . A few interesting results there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Send PayPal to wittmann45

Just a warning - do not refund a buyer without having them make a claim. TL;DR - I refunded a buyer, found out later that the item had arrived, and now, even though I have proof that the item arrived, I cannot get an automatic repayment because the refund was done without the buyer filing a claim.

I had a highly rated user on eBay buy a card off of me and had me send it to a COMC mailbox. I sent the item off in January. The user contacted me in mid-February claiming the card had not arrived but he was willing to wait. He contacted me again in March and said the item had yet to arrive. He was very patient and polite, I provided a refund, no harm. It was not until a week or so after providing the refund that I thought to contact COMC and ask if they could provide me any info on if the item arrived. To my surprise, COMC provided me with a picture of the package and the date of its arrival (early February, before the user contacted me).

I contacted eBay, provided proof, but nothing can be done now because I provided the buyer with a refund without them filing a claim. It sucks and I was ignorant of the process. Hopefully someone else doesn't make the same mistake.

Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272279280281282