Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 37 of 282 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839404787137 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Mini Rant...............

$14.99 item BIN or Best Offer

I need it but the other ones in the set I've bought have never cost me more that 8 bucks. I offer 10 just to be nice, and then I get a counter-offer of $12.50.

Seriously? Is that xtra $2.50 REALLY a dealbreaker??

Yup, it's his card and he can ask what he wants for it, I know that. And I can afford that xtra $2.50.

But this is the hill I die on................

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mini Rant...............

I need it but the other ones in the set I've bought have never cost me more that 8 bucks. I offer 10 just to be nice, and then I get a counter-offer of $12.50.

Yup, it's his card and he can ask what he wants for it, I know that. And I can afford that xtra $2.50.

I certainly understand where you're coming from, especially as a buyer.

But as a seller, can't I use the same argument? Is the $2.50 really a dealbreaker to YOU?

Not my card, but just the other side's point of view. You know, why should I come down in price? Why don't you go up?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

But as a seller, can't I use the same argument? Is the $2.50 really a dealbreaker to YOU?

Not my card, but just the other side's point of view. You know, why should I come down in price? Why don't you go up?

Hahahaaa no, it's not about the $2.50...... I made an offer which was above any price I've ever seen these cards go for, as far as I'm concerned I DID go up. He coulda just refused it, but he had to try to wring the extra outta me?? If you want $14.99 or $12.50 or whatever, then enter a firm BIN price of $14.99 or $12.50 or whatever, don't be wasting my time or yours going back and forth over what amounts to bus-fare.........

Not to mention the fact that all of the ebay and paypal fees would be pretty much covered by the $3.50 shipping charge.

No biggie, like I said, just a mini-rant............

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you want $14.99 or $12.50 or whatever, then enter a firm BIN price of $14.99 or $12.50 or whatever, don't be wasting my time or yours going back and forth over what amounts to bus-fare.........

Not to mention the fact that all of the ebay and paypal fees would be pretty much covered by the $3.50 shipping charge.

I think what the sellers usually do in these BIN/BO cases is they put a higher price than they are hoping for. Because who knows? Maybe someone will actually pay it! There are buyers who do not like to message back and forth and will pay a higher price for the lack of inconvenience of having to haggle.

However, if I see a best offer option...that usually tells me the BIN price is not the lowest price the seller will accept. Every seller has their limits how much lower they will go. I think how long the card is listed for also affects that decision. If the card is newly listed, they will not budge much and wait for other offers. If it is over 25 days, they tend to accept something much lower.

However, I once saw a card with a BIN/BO for $3.50. So I tried a couple of bids under $3 but was automatically denied by the lowest accepted offer option. When I offered $3...it was not blocked, but the seller turned it down himself. Made me think..."Why did you put a BO option on the card????"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mini Rant...............

I would of taken that in a second as seller
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think what the sellers usually do in these BIN/BO cases is they put a higher price than they are hoping for. Because who knows? Maybe someone will actually pay it! There are buyers who do not like to message back and forth and will pay a higher price for the lack of inconvenience of having to haggle.

However, if I see a best offer option...that usually tells me the BIN price is not the lowest price the seller will accept. Every seller has their limits how much lower they will go. I think how long the card is listed for also affects that decision.

These are my thoughts when I sell pretty much. I also have a auto decline amt set as well.

However, I once saw a card with a BIN/BO for $3.50. So I tried a couple of bids under $3 but was automatically denied by the lowest accepted offer option. When I offered $3...it was not blocked, but the seller turned it down himself. Made me think..."Why did you put a BO option on the card????"

I saw one listed for 2.99 , I offered a $1.50. They came back with 2.89. I declined and wasnt going to mess around with the seller.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Biggest thing I run into people on there is the inpatience of some.

I sold something (not cards) Wednesday, Friday afternoon recvd a message asking when their item was going to ship. Despite the delivery time frame on the page saying "Estimated within 6-15 business days"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See 08hockey08's Items on eBay

Biggest thing I run into people on there is the inpatience of some.

I sold something (not cards) Wednesday, Friday afternoon recvd a message asking when their item was going to ship. Despite the delivery time frame on the page saying "Estimated within 6-15 business days"

I agree with you on this! The ones I hate the most are the ones who take two to three days to send payment and then when the card isn't shipped that day are messaging asking when its going to be in the mail.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

25 cents is a deal-breaker for me and has been hundreds of time. Patience allows you to eventually get the card for your own price, that's all it is, ...... patience.
    Last edited by centrehice; 04-20-2013 at 09:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

I just tried to buy an item, and prior to clicking the commit to buy button I noticed an additional charge for Global Shipping Program. This is new to me, I've never heard of this before. The shipping listed by the seller was $9.99, which I was fine with, but then an additional charge of $4 and change on top of that for Global Shipping Program. Can someone tell me what this money is for and what the Global Shipping Program is?
    Collecting Ryan Murphy. Always looking to add PC Cards. Show me what you have to trade or sell!

Page 37 of 282 FirstFirst ... 27343536373839404787137 ... LastLast