Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 282 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See jesiahj's Items on eBay

Just had my first case opened against me. Twas a $35 sale for a Cup trios Lemieux / Jagr / Sakic triple jersey #22/25.

The ebay member has 4200+ positive feedback so I don't want to just automatically think I'm being taken. The part that rubs me a bit wrong is that this auction ended on Nov 17th. With that amount of feedback, you'd be aware of shipping times.. I know I'd be wondering where my item from BC to Alberta is after 2 weeks not a month and a half.

Regardless, nothing I can do.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I've decided that the customer from Quebec has in-fact ripped me off. After sending a message to me - 32 days following his cards being mailed out, I refunded his money.

I was kind and cordial. He didn't even thank me. No communication whatsoever. I have added him to my Blocked Bidder List and he is done like a burned turkey.

eBay Used ID: tonbref51

All he needed to do was acknowledge me, but not a bloody word.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

Just had my first case opened against me. Twas a $35 sale for a Cup trios Lemieux / Jagr / Sakic triple jersey #22/25.

The ebay member has 4200+ positive feedback so I don't want to just automatically think I'm being taken. The part that rubs me a bit wrong is that this auction ended on Nov 17th. With that amount of feedback, you'd be aware of shipping times.. I know I'd be wondering where my item from BC to Alberta is after 2 weeks not a month and a half.

Regardless, nothing I can do.

I just filed a case on a $0.01+shipping win from mid-November. I usually give the full length of time (45 days) before bringing up the item not being received with the seller. I would think the time frame fits the time limit of being able to file a paypal case to recoup the money if the card isn't received.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Need a little advice...I purchased a card on ebay December 7. After about 2 and a half weeks I asked the seller what date he sent the card as it had not been received. The seller said he "thought" he had sent it, but wasn't positive, so he would send "another". A week or so later a card arrives, but it is the wrong one. I sent him a message 3 days ago, but have yet to hear back. I'm assuming if I have to file a claim for the wrong item being sent, I would have to send it back, registered, right? If that's the case, it's not worthwhile, because the card did not cost enough to justify that. At what point should I just be cutting my losses on this, and would leaving a negative feedback (never done it before) hurt my ability at future purchases from other sellers?

Any input would be appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

I've had an interesting issue pop up over the last couple days and am looking for some thoughts.

There was a BGS graded Colin Wilson Victory Black on eBay about a week ago for $20 + free shipping. I meant to do a last second bid, but forgot. The seller re-listed the item at $25 BIN/BO, so I figured I'd throw in an $18 offer since it received no bids at $20. The seller responded with a $23 counter, but I told him I knew it passed thorugh the week before at $20, so I countered with $20 and it was accepted. An hour or so after the offer was ACCEPTED, I received a request to cancel the transaction with the seller saying something about how I acted in bad faith because I'd made another counter offer, yada-yada. I quickly refused the request to cancel the transaction, thinking I'd made a bid, it was accepted, I should now get the item.

The seller then contacts me and tells me under no circumstances will he now send me the item and refunds my money through paypal, but I responded that it was a fair transaction, I made a bid and it was accepted and if the item isn't sent I would leave a negative feedback (he's currently at 100% positive).

A couple days later, I have a bunch of low-end items listed for sale that I've had posted for a couple months and I'm surprised to see several sell at once. But who's the buyer? That's right, the seller of the above card, who's obviously bid on the items with the intention of leaving me negative feedback on 4 items versus the one of his I picked up. He's fast-tracked the payment of the items although I obviously refused to send him an invoice

So I'm curious what my options are now? Obviously he won't agree to cancel those transactions until his one is cancelled but that would leave me vulnerable to 4 negative feedbacks if he chooses to be a dick about it and cancel the item I bid on his of but not the 4 items he bought from me. And everything to this point leads me to believe that he isn't exactly an upstanding citizen.

As a follow-up, I contacted the seller/buyer about cancelling 3 of his purchases from me, then we cancel the Colin Wilson card transaction that I fairly bid/won from him, then cancel his last purchase from me. Otherwise, it's costing me money just to not get screwed over by him.

His simple response, "I understand the situation, but no thanks!"...

So I shipped the 4 items today, which I received a total of ~$7.50 (incl. shipping) from the user, and with tracking and a signature required it cost me about $10.50. Once he receives and signs for the item, I'll update the shipping details through eBay and file a case about the Wilson card that I'll never receive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

This is a scenario that happened to me last night. I run a fair bit of breaks & a guy from Russia, who signed up to eBay yesterday bought 8 teams from my The Cup break last night. Total amount just under $100. The payment is now pending through eBay. Anyone run into this scenario before, and if so what were the results? Am I being scammed? Should I just cancel their bids & transaction and second chance these teams to others?

The guy is a brand new eBayer, 0 feedback, Russia, pending payment... a lot of alarm bells going off.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

This is a scenario that happened to me last night. I run a fair bit of breaks & a guy from Russia, who signed up to eBay yesterday bought 8 teams from my The Cup break last night. Total amount just under $100. The payment is now pending through eBay. Anyone run into this scenario before, and if so what were the results? Am I being scammed? Should I just cancel their bids & transaction and second chance these teams to others?

The guy is a brand new eBayer, 0 feedback, Russia, pending payment... a lot of alarm bells going off.

Russia is Danger, Danger, Danger. I stopped shipping to Russia in 2002. 3 of my 5 first shipments to Russia were stolen.

If you register it, they know it has value and the Russian Customs steal it. When they open it and see that it's Hockey Cards, they steal it. Hockey Cards to Russia don't make it anywhere near the Post Office for delivery, they are stolen long before this happens.

You really cannot win.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Russia is Danger, Danger, Danger. I stopped shipping to Russia in 2002. 3 of my 5 first shipments to Russia were stolen.

I have a card on its way there right now. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get stolen.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

If you register it, they know it has value and the Russian Customs steal it. When they open it and see that it's Hockey Cards, they steal it. Hockey Cards to Russia don't make it anywhere near the Post Office for delivery, they are stolen long before this happens.

You really cannot win.

Thanks.. I'm actually going to stop shipping there as well. I've been pretty lucky with overseas shipments, well all shipments actually.. just hate the idea of being taken for a ride. I actually told the fellow that I wouldn't even release the break until he gave me positive feedback (which is something I NEVER ask for) to cover my butt as he's a new user... at that point I never heard back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kaiwaka's Items on eBay

Have a problem with the same guy today, just sent message on Ebay that he did not receive a card that was sent 21 December.
    Took a while to pay and i opened a non paying bidder case but he paid on the last day before i could close it.
    Here nothing from him until today with a message of "where is my card!"
    i know i sent the card with tracking because i did not trust him but now can't find the tracking number so i guess i am SOL

I recently have some issues with this buyer: paulobianchi1972

I was his first ebay transaction and surprise...he never received the card. Not a big deal, 40$ SV card.

We filled out an ebay claim. (still in process)

Here is the card: 11-12 The cup Honorable numbers of Ryan Gezlaf 07/15

please LMK if you see it.

http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/32103091...84.m1561.l2649

Page 4 of 282 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast