Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 271 of 282 FirstFirst ... 171221261268269270271272273274281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

But are they ever gonna write me back? They could send a message saying I am in a queue or something. I mean, the support by phone was very efficient... you can't go from a problem solved in 10 minutes to no idea at all.

For me it's not even about the money, it's about we are letting dishonest people take advantage of the situation. The weakest kind of people, who are too stupid/lazy or not responsible enough to make a living for themselves and have to steal from others.

Scammers like this clown are the main reason why I have sold 2 items in the last year on eBay. I used to be an active seller, easily moving 40-50 items per month over a 2 year period. I think I had one case where the buyer did not receive their card and another where the envelope (and card) was completely destroyed by Canada Post. In both of these cases, the cards were under $10 and the buyers appeared legit. I chalked it up to the law of averages and the cost of doing business.

Then I sold a BGS 9.5 SPA Future Watch Crosby RC. About a week later the buyer sends me a picture of the envelope, tore open, in the UPS bag. Thank God I had insurance and tracking from Canada Post for the amount that I sold the card for, otherwise I would have been out a small fortune. Even then CP made me jump through hoops for 6 months to get a refund. Didn't really sell a lot on there after that.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (38)
    Country
    See furtova's Items on eBay

eBay cares so little about the sellers it's shocking. I have a block list a mile long and it drives me mental that eBay doesn't do anything to stop scammers. They get to keep their share of the sale regardless so it's not in their best interest to put forth any effort to actually "solve" cases like this. It's also insane that the only bid blocking option is unpaid claims. How is there not an option to block people with negs? Any time I sell anything I basically need to look at every buyers history to see if I can figure out who will steal my stuff before I send. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're getting the raw dog in this one, the buyer has already been added to my block list. If you need a good laugh, check this seller out...eBay, doing crack work on keeping idiots on their platform. I bought some of these cards from this guy once about 2 years ago under a different seller ID.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-SSSP-Card...0/124132495824

33.3%, I can honestly say I have never seen anything like that before.
    How is a person even allowed to sell with a rating like that? Wouldn't their account be suspended?

Thanks for the heads up.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Wants: YZERMAN; JAGR; Chronology Autos; older player autos (ex. Franchises, Park. Champions, etc);
    VEZINA WINNERS GU & Autos; TOEWS/KANE 2007-08 BAP Dual Auto.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Winnipeg Jets Calgary Flames

Scammers like this clown are the main reason why I have sold 2 items in the last year on eBay. I used to be an active seller, easily moving 40-50 items per month over a 2 year period. I think I had one case where the buyer did not receive their card and another where the envelope (and card) was completely destroyed by Canada Post. In both of these cases, the cards were under $10 and the buyers appeared legit. I chalked it up to the law of averages and the cost of doing business.

Then I sold a BGS 9.5 SPA Future Watch Crosby RC. About a week later the buyer sends me a picture of the envelope, tore open, in the UPS bag. Thank God I had insurance and tracking from Canada Post for the amount that I sold the card for, otherwise I would have been out a small fortune. Even then CP made me jump through hoops for 6 months to get a refund. Didn't really sell a lot on there after that.

Yeah totally agree on the law of averages, I had 2 other guys I had to refund 9.99$ + and 14.99$ +. They had good feedback and nothing suspicious so I was ok refunding them. However that Peacock guy seems a very obvious scammer.

What happened to the Crosby? It got stolen?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Yeah totally agree on the law of averages, I had 2 other guys I had to refund 9.99$ + and 14.99$ +. They had good feedback and nothing suspicious so I was ok refunding them. However that Peacock guy seems a very obvious scammer.

What happened to the Crosby? It got stolen?

That's what I assumed. The buyer gave me a few days to sort things out but then opened a case for item not received. Couldn't blame him there. In the end I received a full refund but it involved jumping through a lot of hoops.

I spent the next couple of months watching for the card online like a hawk, however it soon became clear that the thief wasn't gonna post it. It's been at least ten years now, so I'm going to assume that it's probably moved through many hands by now.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Do you even keep a eye out for it. I would as it would just be fun to see if it ever does.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you even keep a eye out for it. I would as it would just be fun to see if it ever does.

DON

LOL, I did for a while but my wife talked some sense into me. Her reasoning was that I sold the card, got paid for the card, now the card belongs to someone else. In her words, "its not your problem now."

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

LOL, I did for a while but my wife talked some sense into me. Her reasoning was that I sold the card, got paid for the card, now the card belongs to someone else. In her words, "its not your problem now."

I agree it is not your problem but if you can ever stop someone from going thru this crap.it Is worthwhile in my opinion. If course a small chance you would see it.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 2broscollections's Items on eBay

peacocks00 just opened a request me me now....after 3 weeks of zero comminucation

Well, with the current Covid situation, he automatically won the case, received the refund and that's it. I can't reach Ebay... still haven't heard back from them, I "reported a buyer" more than a week ago

Lucky thief

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    182 connexion hck
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Winnipeg Jets Calgary Flames

peacocks00 just opened a request me me now....after 3 weeks of zero comminucation

Here you go... another victim

If anybody is able to reach Ebay, he has to let us know in this thread.

We have to do something about this guy. We have to make him refund us all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

The problem is, if you don't have any tracking that proves delivery, you will lose every time. Ebay won't look any further than that.

Page 271 of 282 FirstFirst ... 171221261268269270271272273274281 ... LastLast