Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 262 of 282 FirstFirst ... 162212252259260261262263264265272 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

happened to me last year. I was the seller, the buyer opened a case, i send the tracking info and paypal took my side.

Have a buyer stating that an envelope was empty when it got to them. How do I prove otherwise? Will paypal side with them? It’s insured too, but was delivered, will Canada Post pay an insurance claim? I doubt CANADA post will pay, but does anyone know what paypal does in these circumstances?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (38)
    Country
    See furtova's Items on eBay

-The buyer purchased item July 18th. Buyer is from Finland using a COMC mailbox. I looked them up, they not on SCF but are on another trading site.
    -I mailed item July 19th.
    -Received a message August 17th from buyer stating item has not been received by COMC. I answered right away, stating to please give it another week or so as mail to BC (ie. where COMC mailbox is located) is sometimes slow.
    -Buyer sent a message Aug. 23rd saying it still had not shown up. I told him I would refund immediately, which I did on Aug. 24th.
    Then that was it, I figured it was lost. I mentioned that if it did show up I would appreciate him telling me and to pay for the item.

This has happened to me 2 times earlier in the year to BC as well (to regular addresses, not COMC). Items did not show after 5 weeks and I refunded both buyers and then their cards showed up a week later, they were both very honest and payed me back. I would have no idea if they got the items or not, so kudos to them

Yesterday, Sept. 19th., I was going through my eBay sales and thought I never heard back about this card, and I should call COMC myself to see about this. Sure enough, COMC told me the item was received on Sept. 12th, they have a confirmation number and pictures, and they have my name on file as the sender (apparently, they record the sender's name in place of the tracking info. number). The buyer would have received and email on the 12th letting them know they card was received, but the buyer never contacted me to let me know. I just randomly called COMC to find if they had a 'lost and found' or misplaced card department. I don't even have a COMC account.
    Last night, I PM'd him to let him know that he received the card and that I would appreciate the payment back.
    Today's eBay PM exchange (Sept. 20th)
    Buyer:
    "Hi, the card has finally arrived but it takes another week to log in to my COMC account. I looked at the PayPal account and there is no way to cancel the refund. Is it ok if I send half of that amount because delivery lasted for a long time? Thanks."
    Me:
    "I would like the full amount. I have nothing to do with the mail delivery. As far as I am concerned COMC got behind and does not want to admit it. I think they delayed for a month or so on their end. Item was sent regular mail, if you wanted express mail it would have been about $12-$14. lmk your thoughts. thanks."
    Buyer:
    "Hi, there is no button where the payment can be returned. I can pay half of the amount. How do I know that you've sent the card on July 19th? Thanks."

Today, I contacted PayPal and spoke with them for about 15 minutes, they told me to contact eBay and file a Payment not received claim.
    I called eBay, waited 40 minutes for them to call me back. They said they cannot do anything on their end, it is a PayPal issue and that I should send a regular invoice to the buyer (which I have now done).
    So, I called PayPal back again just now and they said they cannot dispute or open a case for this type of issue. And it was an unusual issue and she had never heard of this happening before. They said it is fraud and then we discussed local police and international mail fraud involvement. Spent a good part of 2 hours on this so far.

Buyer still only wants to pay half, as you can see in the above PM.

Anyone else, ever encounter this issue and get it resolved? Should I be penalized for a mail delay like this?
    All over a $23 CAN card, I might add. I was thinking if he only pays half I should call COMC and tell them legally half the card is still mine. Get them to cut it in half and send it back to me.
    Last edited by seafur; 12-12-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Wants: YZERMAN; JAGR; Chronology Autos; older player autos (ex. Franchises, Park. Champions, etc);
    VEZINA WINNERS GU & Autos; TOEWS/KANE 2007-08 BAP Dual Auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

There is nothing you can do, unfortunately. I'd take the half he is offering, then block him. Half is better than nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

sportscardseller99

bait and switch!

more details to follow

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

Am I in the wrong?
    Sold a card on eBay, free shipping in USA and Canada.
    Buyer processed Buy It Now at 1am, PAID, and then sent me a message.

Shipped the card this morning to his Paypal address. (in the USA)

I finally READ the message, he wants it shipped to Canada.
    I respond "too late, already shipped to Paypal address in USA"

Now, my bad for not READING the message before shipping.
    But, I feel weird shipping to an address other than the one listed in Paypal.
    Like how some places will only ship to your credit card billing address.

Am I a jerk?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If it's not delivered to the address shown in the invoice, pretty sure a charge back can go through.

The buyer should have known better, IMO. I do this (toggle between two addresses). I would much prefer to have cards shipped to me in Canada, but the USA address (COMC mailbox) works when I want it to.

I have made the mistake and shipped from Canada to the USA before, because I didn't change things....

As a buyer that does this (change addresses, depending on the seller, s/h costs) I don't pay until the invoice is correct... which can be a pain sometimes, because eBay's mobile app is terrible for requesting invoices - so have to be on a computer to request one.

My default address is in Canada, so if you send an invoice right away.... it will be to Canada. I think request a new invoice (with USA s/h details) and a note explaining why I want a new one. Delays payment, but have never had a problem doing it.

Conversely, I sold something recently to a guy in the Czech Republic. He also had a USA address listed as his default address. The initial invoice was wrong (I said I would go over seas, for a few more bucks). It took a day fighting with eBay menus for him to request the correct invoice, which I sent him, and he paid after that.

Am I in the wrong?
    Sold a card on eBay, free shipping in USA and Canada.
    Buyer processed Buy It Now at 1am, PAID, and then sent me a message.

Shipped the card this morning to his Paypal address. (in the USA)

I finally READ the message, he wants it shipped to Canada.
    I respond "too late, already shipped to Paypal address in USA"

Now, my bad for not READING the message before shipping.
    But, I feel weird shipping to an address other than the one listed in Paypal.
    Like how some places will only ship to your credit card billing address.

Am I a jerk?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allenhawks's Items on eBay

A little advise please folks, as i have not had any ebay issues till now.
    I sold a card on Ebay Saturday December 1 to a bidder with over 1000 positive %100 feedback, no negatives. I don't sell often there but i have just under 200, %100 feedback there. Most of the time i've noticed people with a lot of feedback such as his have an automated payment set up, or they pay very fast. Reading his feedback history as a buyer he pays very quickly. Since was Saturday, I waited till Monday the 3rd to send the invoice. I'm a patient guy so I waited. No payment, no contact. On Saturday the 8th, I contacted the seller stating this is his 2nd reminder to pay for his purchase. It is now the 11th, 10 days since auction end, and no contact from the buyer at all.
    So....how do i proceed from here ? Should i contact Ebay about no contact/payment? I really don't want to be the first to give him a negative, i've never given anyone a negative. If i click on Report Buyer in the feedback section, is this what happens? Should i message him one more time & wait a couple more days ? I don't want this to drag on much longer. Any advice would be welcome.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Open up a case for "item not paid". You'll get your seller's fees back. Don't worry about him getting a negative. It's impossible for a seller to leave a buyer a neg.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allenhawks's Items on eBay

Thanks Subban7677 I've just done that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pretty sad experience today with a guy I'm pretty sure I've dealt with before. I know we can all wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but no one deserves to be attacked, insulted and sworn at on ebay for no good reason. And so I post this here as a warning to those currently doing business with Dauminator1215.

Last night he purchased an Aho YG Raw Card 9.5 from me. My listings, as they have been for nearly 20 years (powerseller) are some of the clearest listings on earth. Like many of us, I actually lose money on shipping. I am in Toronto and ship via Canada Post - tracking is around 10 bucks within Canada and 15-20 bucks USA.

Being that he is in the USA, I invoiced him, and he wrote back with some of the most outrageous reactions I've seen. He called me a "piece of ™™™™" and a "gouger" and demanded I cancel the auction, which I did. I explained to him that a) my listing was clear and b) that's what Canada Post charges. Not good enough. He called me a piece of ™™™™ again.

I promised him he'd hear about this and that there are consequences for behaving this way. He has all the opportunity in the world to ask questions and approach me as a man, not a maniac. So that's my story, and ebay's going to hear about it next. Be good and enjoy the hobby y'all

Page 262 of 282 FirstFirst ... 162212252259260261262263264265272 ... LastLast