Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 282 12341151101 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Please Post All Your eBay Issues Here (Please Read)

In order to free up the Hockey Card Talk forum from the increasing clutter of eBay related topics, SCF asks that members post all eBay problems/issues/questions/etc. in this thread.

The Hockey Card Talk forum is meant to be a discussion section for new products, questions about certain cards, and related topics. In recent weeks and months there has become a growing preponderance of eBay problem threads (many of which are personal/private issues that have no bearing on others) and it has made it increasingly difficult to locate threads which are solely about hockey cards.

The types of threads that we will want to see lumped into this section include, but are not limited to:
    • [eBay Member] is a deadbeat - report here to notify people to block as needed
    • [eBay Member] didn't send my card, what should I do?
    • Problems with shipping/PayPal
    • Prices people charge for shipping
    • Cards that arrive damaged via eBay
    • Is [eBay Member] shilling his auctions?

A couple quick rule reminders:

Section 5.08 Please do not post any trader information such as addresses, feedback or email addresses directly on the forums. This is private information.

Section 8.04 Direct or indirect personal attacks are strictly not permitted. Insults and negative attitudes are not allowed. It is better to walk away from a possible confrontation and come back with constructive arguments after you have cooled off.

With regards to Rule 8.04, please keep your posts restricted to being informative to the general membership. Stick to the facts. Leave the name-calling, etc. out of it. You never know which eBay members are also SCF members who may read your posts. We don't want to have people's eBay problems carrying over to SCF.

All new threads that are created in the forum will be folded into this discussion topic without notice.

There will be exceptions to this on a case-by-case basis should the issue be deemed by SCF staff to be left as a standalone topic - this will be rare and limited to those topics which have a massive impact on many members of the hobby, not just an individual issue.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact a staff member.
    Last edited by RGM81; 12-20-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

ebay ID : hotkeanu

hotkeanu

After he paid , complained about me charging 11.00 Shipping for tracking and insurance , then when received the card asked for a refund because he just noticed he hardly had the card , not sure how somebody doesn't know they already have a nyquist silhouette or not . Anyway i denied his request to return it because i didn't feel that was a valid reason . Then today i get negative feedback .. 1 star not description 1 star for communication and 1 star for ship charges

Item wasn't exactly as described. Ridicoulous insurance rates.

That is what he left in feedback , never said nothing to me about item not being as described and i think we all know 11.00 for resgitered mail within Canada is not ridicoulous

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

eBay Preferences - Buyer Requirements

I read a number of people that have issues with others on eBay and I wonder how many have done this

1. Go to My eBay
    2. Click on the Account tab
    3. Click on Site Preferences on the left side
    4. Find Buyer requirements and click Show

I use the following settings to block buyers:
    • Don't have a PayPal account. (Note: This block only applies to future listings and can be disabled per item on the Sell Your Item form.)
    • Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s).
    • Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
    • Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s).
    • Have a feedback score of -1 or lower.

I have done this on a bunch of my items in the past and have had only 1 issue, which I was able to resolve.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ari4l2010's Items on eBay

Is it possible to find you if you as a buyer are blocked?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

I read a number of people that have issues with others on eBay and I wonder how many have done this

1. Go to My eBay
    2. Click on the Account tab
    3. Click on Site Preferences on the left side
    4. Find Buyer requirements and click Show

I use the following settings to block buyers:
    • Don't have a PayPal account. (Note: This block only applies to future listings and can be disabled per item on the Sell Your Item form.)
    • Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s).
    • Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
    • Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s).
    • Have a feedback score of -1 or lower.

I have done this on a bunch of my items in the past and have had only 1 issue, which I was able to resolve.

Likewise.

Over the 8 or so years I've sold on eBay, I've had one package that didn't receive the buyer that I had to compensate for. And one time had a negative feedback left by a buyer, but after I explained things, he revised his feedback.

Of course, I also don't sell many cards above $20, so people are less likely to try and scam me.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Is it possible to find you if you as a buyer are blocked?

other than an individual block list, not really... however you can see an Buyer Requirements Activity Log

Gives the date, information about the user (not the name), Item ID and the reason for the block. This is mine for the last 60 days

Nov-03-12 * 769 ( 100%) Mar-23-03 150937543752 Too many Unpaid Item strikes --> High Dollar Item
    Nov-24-12 * 1 ( 100%) Jul-29-08 150953338167 Buyers without a PayPal account
    Nov-26-12 * 22 ( 100%) Sep-12-12 150955294512 Buyers without a PayPal account

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I sold some items that ended late on the evening of the 17th. I ship all items within 24-hours of receiving payment. Despite there being a weekend in there (22nd, 23rd) and then Christmas (25) and then Boxing Day here in Canada (national holiday, 26th), I still got a concerned message from a buyer today who hasn't received his card yet. The buyer lives in Illinois, I live in Ontario. Like, even under normal circumstances, there's NO WAY the card gets there that fast. What's with people these days?! I fear I'm about to get my first neutral despite shipping in a safe and timely manner, but the pressure to live up to expectations might hurt me. I shipped the card on the 20th of December and the guy is surprised it hasn't arrived yet by the 27th? He has over 1200 feedback, I doubt it's the first time he's bought from Canada. Hopefully I get my positive feedback, the card arrives soon, and all is well.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 12-27-2012 at 07:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I dont feel that this is the right way to post ebay grievances.

I'd hate to think that problems with slow delivery are equal to problems with people committing mail fraud.

Eliminating threads about people who have filed multiple items not received is far different than someone who is impatient.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yes , In my opinion this thread should be used for things like , leaving undeserved negative feedback , non-paying and mail fraud

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I've removed the name and made my complaint a general one.

Page 1 of 282 12341151101 ... LastLast