Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 281 of 282 FirstFirst ... 181231271278279280281282 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2816
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I haven't sold anything on eBay for awhile but looking at some of these cards prices and what they are going for, I'm tempted to post some of my cards for sale. I know eBay has come out with a new policy on how we (Canadians) get paid so I had a couple of questions for the veteran sellers here. So I know we have to link a bank account now in order to get paid. Couple of questions that I have.

1. If the account is a Canadian US bank account, will the funds be deposited in US funds as well (providing I list it in US funds)? Are the fees subtracted in US funds or do they take the Canadian equivalent?
    2. Because payments are going through bank accounts now does the CRA see this and automatically know or is it still honour system when it comes to tax season?

Thanks guys.

@RGM81

Can you help answer this?

Don

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

These are definitely questions best asked of eBay. I'm not a CRA expert in this particular field. Charitable donations, yes!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allenhawks's Items on eBay

Ok I'n not sure how to handle this or even id it's ok to do on Ebay.
    A buyer did a buy it now on one of my cards today. The card had a starting bid and buy it now amount. The card is already paid for, i guess he has an automatic payment set up. Now i'm not someone who sits on Ebay every minute of the day. I just listed the card today as well. I see i received a new message and it was from the person who bought the card. The time on the message was about 1/2 hour before he bought the card. He asked if he could "make a deal" for the card and offered a price under the buy it now price but still a good offer, did not lowball at all.
    So, with the item already paid for, and at the price i displayed, I realize I can package and send it out. But if I am considering maybe making a counter offer, can that be done since it's already paid for? Or is that even within Ebay rules. The reason i ask is (A) he could have put a bid in at the amount he mentioned, (B) I wouldn't know how to change the final amount if did decide to do that. I haven't decided anything yet, Thanks in advance.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ok I'n not sure how to handle this or even id it's ok to do on Ebay.
    A buyer did a buy it now on one of my cards today. The card had a starting bid and buy it now amount. The card is already paid for, i guess he has an automatic payment set up. Now i'm not someone who sits on Ebay every minute of the day. I just listed the card today as well. I see i received a new message and it was from the person who bought the card. The time on the message was about 1/2 hour before he bought the card. He asked if he could "make a deal" for the card and offered a price under the buy it now price but still a good offer, did not lowball at all.
    So, with the item already paid for, and at the price i displayed, I realize I can package and send it out. But if I am considering maybe making a counter offer, can that be done since it's already paid for? Or is that even within Ebay rules. The reason i ask is (A) he could have put a bid in at the amount he mentioned, (B) I wouldn't know how to change the final amount if did decide to do that. I haven't decided anything yet, Thanks in advance.

im confused. So you want to take less money for the card he paid for?
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Washington Capitals Chicago Blackhawks
    See sleepn0t's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

im confused. So you want to take less money for the card he paid for?

I'm confused as well! It's the opposite than a normal situation. When I sell something I rarely get as much as I want for an item. People always try to negotiate and to lower the price they'll pay. In your case, you got the exact amount you wanted for your card, but now you would wanna take less money for it.

My opinion, leave this like it is right now. You've got what you wanted after all. AND IF you really want to take less, 'cause you would have been willing to, and before the buyer sends you his payment, he wrote you a message which you haven't had the time to reply to, and he still made you a reasonable offer (that you'd have agreed to accept), then if you really feel a lil' bad about all that, I'd say this: leave this as it is and send him a bonus along with the card he purchased from you.

Instead of going back & refunding him a partial amount.. It's simpler like this, I think. But really, I don't see any problems in this. In your situation, I would just be pleased, wouldn't "complain" that's for sure!

SCF Rewards
    Country

scgcardsales sells hundreds of forged autographs

He had a Robbie Ray on the Blue Jays autographed cards - not certified. I emailed him and asked him if I bought it and got it authenticated and it turns out it's not real, would he refund my money. He emailed back he would but he needed to "relist" the card for some reason. The next day it's relisted and I go to bid and I find out I'm blocked from him. I look at the card and compare it to other Ray autos and it's not close. I look at his other auctions. He's got hundreds of "autographed cards" not a single one certified and each one he has listed "this looks like it's real." The autos all look the same.

I email the shyster and tell him he blocked me because he's selling forged autographs. He emails me back "anyone can bid on my auctions." I let the shyster know you can't accidentally block someone. You have to physically put them on your blocked list. I also let him know I was going to let all the sports card forums and other places that discuss forged cards know about him.

2 days later he deleted ALL his auctions. Hundreds of them.

Check out the auctions that finished. He was asking $999 for 2 forged Buster Posey auctions and someone won and was praising him. I don't know what the guy eventually paid but whatever it was he was ripped off and there's no way to contact the poor guy and let him know. Hopefully people that bought his forged autographs do a web search on the guy and see that he is a scumbag who was selling forged autographs. There are tons of fake autos out there so you have to be very careful because of scum like this guy.

scgcardsales

Screenshot 2021-11-18 065823.jpg
    Last edited by palmer22; 12-20-2021 at 11:36 AM. Reason: add bold to name

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allenhawks's Items on eBay

Hi folks thanks for the replies. Didn't mean to confuse anyone but after re-reading my post i can see why.
    I guess i was just curious if it even was possible.
    I ultimately left the transaction as it was I had no intention of accepting the offer and let the buyer know.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ebay card forger scgcardsales changed his ebay name to Blakehousecards - beware of this scammer

Long story short, this guy blocked me when I discovered he was selling hundreds of fake autos on cards of big name players. As a result of being outted he deleted ALL his auctions.

He has now changed his name to "blakehousecards" in a lame attempt to relist all the forged autos he was selling. Check out his account. He had major star autos for 15 bucks. He sold 2 fake Buster Poseys to a guy for 999. I feel bad for that guy but there is no way to notify him.

Please be aware of this scammer - he sells forged autos from all four major sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

There's another seller I know of who does the exact same thing. Some of the fakes are just awful. It's amazing, he has autos from Gretzky, Lemieux, Lebron, Patrick Roy, Marty Brodeur, Jagr, Yzerman, Roger Clemens, Mike Tyson...all signed in the same colour, in the same handwriting. I have reported him, but nothing happens. Unfortunately it's "buyer beware." Some people will get ripped off, but it's impossible for us to police it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ebay autograph forger SCGCARDSALES changed his name to BLAKEHOUSECARDS and is back on ebay selling FAKE autographs

I saw a Robbie Ray on the Bluejays non-authenticated autograph card on ebay (you CANNOT find a Ray on the Bluejays autograph anywhere) - I asked the seller if I sent to JSA and it was not real, would he refund. He said yes but he had to relist the card (for some reason). He did, I went to bid and found I was blocked. The guy was selling fake autos and did not want anyone sending to get authenticated.I called him out on blocking me, he pretended he didn't but you cannot block someone on accident. Turns out he had HUNDREDS of these "autographed" cards - all big names, none who sign through the mail and every one he had "this appears to be real." They were all fake. I told him I was notifying all the sports card websites - he took ALL his auctions down. For a couple months he was dormant.

Then, a couple months later he changed his name to Blakehousecards. He didn't have any auctions up. I notified him people are still watching him. His new slogan is "We enjoy bringing one of America s favorite pastimes to the lives of many children with card collecting!" And sure enough, he's back up selling fake autos. Apparently now he wants to sell his forged signatures to children.

Again, I called him out on his fake autos (he had one Hideki Matsui, a card that has the facsimile autograph, where he drew his forged one just above it, EXACTLY like the facsimile as if that would be real). He immediately took down a couple of the fake autos but still has a couple up. If you look at his feedback, you can see he sold two fake Buster Posey autos to some poor guy for $999. This is a person we need to keep an eye on. He is one of those people who have wrecked the hobby for good people.

(Photos are his original fake Ray auto under his old account name and the name he changed his account to (with his pathetic slogan):

Page 281 of 282 FirstFirst ... 181231271278279280281282 LastLast