Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Call it whatever you want, I don't care what words you use. I'm just saying a graduated licencing system is a good idea, I think. It doesn't take anyone's right to guns away, so you should be okay with that. I know you hate my plan, I'm not American. That's not the point though. Ultimately your taking my somewhat vague idea and trying to poke holes in it with incredibly detailed question. Stop being contrary for the sake of being contrary and have a real discussion. This is what I mean when I say you sentence more people to die. Not because you don't accept MY idea but because you aren't opening to even hearing any idea.

Its a good idea granted it just doesnt work in America where we have the street violence and drug dealers that resort to violence by any means as a first resort not last like I assume you and I.

It creates more un necessary gov't bureaucracy funded with mis guided special interest money not the people. We don't need more of that especially when it comes to gun ownership.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok Im going to wrk soon thanks everyone and that includes the Canadian as well lol. I hope this discussion can continue its been educational as well as fun

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Its a good idea granted it just doesnt work in America where we have the street violence and drug dealers that resort to violence by any means as a first resort not last like I assume you and I.

It creates more un necessary gov't bureaucracy funded with mis guided special interest money not the people. We don't need more of that especially when it comes to gun ownership.

Okay, I've heard a lot of what you think won't do any good, which is everything. Are there any steps that you think should be taken, or is the mass shooting every couple months status quo good for you?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

In what regard? Where is my reach? The gun comparison? That is fact, not a reach. The Assault Weapons Ban banned guns if they had a bayonet attached. By simply removing the bayonet it stopped being classified as an assault weapon.

1) Because banning assault weapons based on looks is both illogical and a waste of taxpayer dollars to legislate.
    2) Because single-shot, bolt-action, level-action and pump-action firearms kill too. We need to legislate nutjobs back into institutions instead of legislating the constituion away so that we can protect the feelings of mentally unstable people.
    3) Because if assault weapons kill people then forks and spoons make people fat. Banning assault weapons does not address the real problem which is keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics.

Ignoring my point doesn't make it invalid. You want someone to prove that we need assault weapons as a reason to not ban them yet you think the same argument doesn't apply to everything? Sorry, it easily does. We have lots of things in our society that we don't need. Cigarettes, fast cars, fast food restuarants, alcoholic beverages...all of these contribute to people dying and none of them are things that we NEED in life. So ban them too.

You said it was easier. Show me. I have both a driver's license and have purchased a handgun and gotten a CCW permit and I know the process to get both. The handgun and CCW is not easier to get. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Thank you. That was my entire point. Banning guns based on looks and not on lethality would be both ignorant and waste of taxpayer money. The first assault weapons ban was a joke for this exact reason.

Duane you whole arugement is so invalid I just dontknow where to begin...

So
    Please provide a REAL reason why Assault weapons should not be banned!
    Comparing then to cars in not a valid argument! And to think so is being irresponsible! I do not see any reason for you a private citizen Have ANY need or myself in that matter, NEED an AR 15! NONE WHAT SO EVER! a 45 or a 9mm is as just as good. a shot gun even better!

AS for FID cards do you know why 15 year olds here are able or need then in Mass? So they can buy BB's and Pellets. a side note, for you care pepper spray in mass you need an FID card. So yes an FID card believe or not is easier to get then a Driver License. and yes getting a Gun Permit is quicker here then a new driver getting their License. In a few States in the west it is even easier! To believe otherwise is just plain ignorance.

This is my last time i am even responding in this thread. The responds I have read lead me to believe several users care less for human live then other aspects. The right of 20 innocent children where taken away. I honestly start to question your mind and logic. and that is to most who think a weapons ban is wrong not directed at one person. It disgusts me on many levels that you are not looking at you own selfish means over the rights of society as a whole. Allowing more assault weapons as well as their related items, adding armed guards in schools, and making access to guns is NOT the answer. In my opinion it is plain ignorance to think it is. and to note , if you break into my house, dont worry about any guns....worry about me!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

Sorry, I only use PayPal goods and I do not ship internationally.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee,

though your question was not directed at me, I will answer any how.

I think mass killings, any killing, or any crime is not acceptable. there are around 45 murders everyday here, this does not include any missing people(which number around 2000 per day, yes day), which can be assumed they are dead.

this is the biggest issue we have. there are way too many repeat offenders and way too many people committing crimes. The insane person who snaps is not even 1/10 of one percent of those numbers.

our focus needs to be crime and criminals, but there are too many crooked people involved and too many restrictions on the honest ones. restricting gun rights does do something, but is not the answer.

I know you love to say people don't want to do anything and at least a restriction is something and something is better than nothing, I say sometimes nothing is way better than the alternative.

the perfect example is the tax increase as an answer to our economic issues, it has and will do nothing. Cutting spending and cutting fraud is the only answer. cutting spending and a tax hike may help fund the jobs needed to cut fraud, but until we do that, the rest is futile.

back to guns, unless crime is not tolerated at any level and real prisons and prison time exist, more people will continue to be murdered on a daily basis than did in the recent mass shootings.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I've only ever said it's part of a solution, not a solution in itself. Why are you still stuck on there needing to be a one part step that ends all crime?

SCF Rewards
    Country

one step

way too many repeat offenders and way too many people committing crimes

our focus needs to be crime and criminals

there are too many crooked people involved

too many restrictions on the honest one

unless crime is not tolerated at any level

real prisons and prison time

there's six things that need fixing

I should take care of the gaping wound on my head before I worry about my broken finger

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Seems to me those are societal ills, not governmental or legislative ones. You're just passing the buck.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hello?
    abortion? gay marriage? marijuana? gun ban?

passing the buck?

no you are worried about a small amount of people, I am worried about everyone. at 45 murders a day, the number of people who have died do to criminals since and before the last "mass" murder is the real issue.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425 ... LastLast