Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Laws of Logic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Laws of Logic.

Before I begin, I want to make it clear that I am NOT an expert in logic nor do I profess to be one.

OK, so I want to talk about logic and how this was the BIGGEST reason why I no longer believe in god....and how the laws of logic show that belief in god is itself illogical.

#1 Law of identity..........This is very simple "A" = "A"

#2 Law of Contradiction......."A" can NOT be "A" and "B" at the same time.

#3 Law of Excluded Middle......"A" is either "A" or "Not A".......What this means is that a proposition is either true or it's negation must be true.

Example: It is either raining or NOT raining.

God violates every single one of these laws.....For example when people say that he is "everywhere and nowhere" (NO, you can't do that!) No one can properly identify what god is, and god makes it a habit to be both the positive AND negative in a proposition.

Example: God created everything, therefore god created evil....however, god is good.

Furthermore, his "Credentials" can easily be broken.

Example: God is Omnipotent (which means he is all powerful) therefore, "Can god create a rock so heavy he can't lift it"?

If he can create this rock, then he is not all powerful since he can't lift it.

If he can't create this rock, then he is not all powerful since he can't create EVERYTHING.

Let me conclude by saying that the laws of logic are self-evident and undeniable, I have shown very simple examples of how it works, we ALL use logic in our lives to think and to reason things out, believing in god is fine, but IF you wish to do so, you MUST admit that he is ILLOGICAL.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 01-15-2013 at 02:46 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I thought God is everywhere,because he is God he can do that.We are talking about a human we are talking about a supreme being.So then he could the illogical right?

Before I begin, I want to make it clear that I am NOT an expert in logic nor do I profess to be one.

OK, so I want to talk about logic and how this was the BIGGEST reason why I no longer believe in god....and how the laws of logic show that belief in god is itself illogical.

#1 Law of identity..........This is very simple "A" = "A"

#2 Law of Contradiction......."A" can NOT be "A" and "B" at the same time.

#3 Law of Excluded Middle......"A" is either "A" or "Not A".......What this means is that a proposition is either true or it's negation must be true.

Example: It is either raining or NOT raining.

God violates every single one of these laws.....For example when people say that he is "everywhere and nowhere" (NO, you can't do that!) No one can properly identify what god is, and god makes it a habit to be both the positive AND negative in a proposition.

Example: God created everything, therefore god created evil....however, god is good.

Furthermore, his "Credentials" can easily be broken.

Example: God is Omnipotent (which means he is all powerful) therefore, "Can god create a rock so heavy he can't lift it"?

If he can create this rock, then he is not all powerful since he can't lift it.

If he can't create this rock, then he is not all powerful since he can't create EVERYTHING.

Let me conclude by saying that the laws of logic are self-evident and undeniable, I have shown very simple examples of how it works, we ALL use logic in our lives to think and to reason things out, believing in god is fine, but IF you wish to do so, you MUST admit that he is ILLOGICAL.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let me ask further questions...

Can god be both male and female?

Can god create a round square?

Can god divide by 0?

If he can do these things than why does our universe only follow our logic?

Logic, Nature, and Physics all contradict god.

So my conclusion is that IF god exists he has fooled us into thinking things which are not fully correct.

This is NOT our fault....it is his.

I'm using my brain the best I can, and it's telling me that this entity simply can't be real.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Why would God be either sex? He has no need to reproduce.

and when you speak of physics, we see quantum physics contradicting many laws of physics you mention, such as being in two places at once.

physics and math also explain parrallel universes, do you believe in such a thing?

you are trying to explain the alphabet by using math, you cannot explain God via human understanding.

your logic is simply limited by your understanding and your mindset

the facts are every science and religion states we all came from a singularity and no one knows where this singularity derived from. this singularity for you remains unknown, to some it is God.

logic would also tell us we should be smart enough to know we do not and will not know everything

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just curious. Why is it that 99.9% of the threads you start are about arguing that God doesn't exist/Christians are bad/Christianity is a horrible religion? And why just Christianity? I never see you attacking Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Taoist or Buddhist.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

God is not a mere mortal like man is and therefore is not subject to limitations of human logic.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just curious. Why is it that 99.9% of the threads you start are about arguing that God doesn't exist/Christians are bad/Christianity is a horrible religion? And why just Christianity? I never see you attacking Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Taoist or Buddhist.

This thread was about God in general. He was not referring to Jesus or specifically christanity IMO. Who gave Christians the exclusive rights to God anyway? I must have missed that memo.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What other religion refers to their deity as God? Last I checked Islam calls him Allah, Buddhism is non-theistic and thus has no God or god, Hindus worship Krishna, Vishnu, Shiva and a whole host of others, none of which are called God, Taoism lacks a specific name for it's god, and Jews use the term Elohim for their god.

So I guess to answer your question, the term God is exclusively Christian because Christians are the only ones who refer to their deity as God. Just using a little logic in a thread about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I love this question and cannot wait for the JustAlex answer.Please let's hear it

SCF Rewards
    Country

What other religion refers to their deity as God? Last I checked Islam calls him Allah, Buddhism is non-theistic and thus has no God or god, Hindus worship Krishna, Vishnu, Shiva and a whole host of others, none of which are called God, Taoism lacks a specific name for it's god, and Jews use the term Elohim for their god.

So I guess to answer your question, the term God is exclusively Christian because Christians are the only ones who refer to their deity as God. Just using a little logic in a thread about it.

Allah = God in Abrabic. You know that Arabic Christians call God Allah don't you? Or did you not now that Christanity is practiced by Arabic speaking people?

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast