Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EmpireHockey's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Update:

I reported 5 unique eBay IDs who all responded with the eBay item number that was stolen by this person to eBay and PayPal.

The PayPal representative gave me hope as he stated he never saw so much information against this buyer.

I waited a week and no response from PayPal. I decided to log on to my PP account to check and the dispute was closed in the buyers favor....$90 gone and the Henrique gone.

Ajax police basically told me that this is a civil matter and that no laws were actually broken because the theft occurred over the internet. Jurisdiction lies with eBay/PayPal to investigate and judge if a theft occurred.

It is frustrating when some one can steal repeatedly from others and use PayPal/eBay to get away with it.

Lesson learned...always use tracking. But I am sure there is a way around that....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Apparently if you can show it tracked to the border (ie scanned by the post office), PayPal may credit you.. I raised hell this morning and apparently because I am a "top" customer I was credited for the amount I lost in the dispute.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dvo727's Items on eBay

Sorry to hear man, it sounded like you were getting close, too.

I learned my lesson about 4 years ago, sold a 06-07 UD Series 1 Crosby SP Jersey for near $400 to Canada. Didn't ship insured or do enough research on the buyer.. got hosed of the card and the money.. Learn from it and be thankful you didn't lose more money.

I still can't comprehend how little protection eBay sellers have. Especially in your scenario when you put together that extensive of a case.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just a quick moderator-related note - address & personal information has been removed. Posting this info on the site is not permitted due to privacy concerns.

I hope that you're able to press things further so that this matter can be resolved properly. It is grossly unfortunate that this happened to you, and to this point PayPal has definitely not done right by you as one of their sellers. The intense restrictions they put on sellers in many circumstances just end so poorly that it causes many good people to throw up their hands and quit selling altogether. Good luck getting it sorted.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See helmsbr's Items on eBay

what a scum bag

SCF Rewards
    Country

bump...please keep your eye open for this card.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Has anybody spoken to a Category Manager at eBay and given them all of these aliases so that they can start an investigation?

Do Not speak to a CS Representative - insist on speaking to the eBay Listing Manager for Sports Cards. Once you get into eBay management, they will listen.

C/S will just do nothing once you've ended the telephone call. I have had huge success with eBay Category Managers. I have had 8 Fraudulent Outdoor Clothing sellers from China booted off eBay for good. It's worth a shot.
    Last edited by centrehice; 03-30-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ajax police basically told me that this is a civil matter and that no laws were actually broken because the theft occurred over the internet. Jurisdiction lies with eBay/PayPal to investigate and judge if a theft occurred.

One would think it's fraud. I guess Ajax PD are of the mind that the internet is without law, like international waters.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just another update, the buyer is no longer registered on eBay. Go figure. Did I get my money back? NO.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Yup ......

crosby872012Mary Has been gassed by eBay. The other 4 eBay User ID's he has are still in operation. These need to go as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123