Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Returning to Collecting after 20 years...

Hey all,
    I am a returning "noob" to the activity after taking some years off form having to (sadly) spend money on real life stuff! Can't wait to get back into it, but man it is overwhelming. I collected regularly from the mid-70's to the early 90's...when there were only 1 or 2 companies to keep up with. I got out just as Upper Deck was starting. I collect hockey, football and baseball, as well as Magic:The Gathering on the non sports side. Have kept up with M:TG, but only recently "rediscovered" my sports card collection.

so, any help is welcomed as far as what is hip and what is not as far as sets go. I don't plan on mkaing this a buisness, but I know that I will find myself getting inot it pretty deep. I like to collect to develop sets, and focus on certain players from the Leafs, Steelers and Reds.

A couple of bucket list goals would be: (from hardest to easiest)

1. to acquire as much Maple Leaf card inventory as I can from every year they have existed; would like to catalog every player who has touched the ice in a Leafs uni
    2. to acquire complete sets in football, hockey, and baseball from the year I was born (1969) to today; these sets being the basic "wax pack" type set
    3. complete my player collections for: Joe Morgan, Wendell Clark, Lynn Swann, Grant Fuhr, Frank Mahovlich, Jerome Bettis, the Big Red Machine greats, the Steel Curtain greats....the list goes on
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Rybowski View Post
    Welcome to SCF Jim, enjoy yourself here, you came to a great place!
    thanks...so far I have been learning a lot, and can't wait to get my collection into the inventory manager...something I have been wanting to do for years. The hobby has become WAYYYY more than it was when I was in it before, so I think I an getting a good idea of how to navigate the new waters
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

Hello and welcome to SCF!!
    Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos

Yeah man, I'm coming back too after 20 some years hiatus. Good luck to you.

If you have any Seattle stuff, I'm your guy.

Thanks Jeremy. Hey, how did you make the pic in your sig?

Welcome to SCF Jim
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Collecting Ben Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    Welcome to SCF Jim
    Thanks man. GO STEELERS!!!! I am trying to get a Jerome Bettis PC as well. Also gonna start a "Steel Curtain" collection with players from that era. I was collecting in the 70's and 80's so I already have some of those cards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12