Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

European/International cards

Is the card collecting thing as big in Europe as it is over here in NA? I have never seen these kinds of cards for sale over here, and would love to have some cards, especially representing the Swedish leagues, but also others. Are they worth more/less over here than over there?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Judging by the number of European members on the boards I think it's safe to say that it's a pretty big deal overseas. Many Finnish collectors out there are incredibly enthusiastic about their native-born sons that make it, as can be seen by how much a Jesse Joensuu rarity can fetch if two of the well-heeled collectors get into a bidding war. Guys like Selanne and Koivu are as well-revered over there as any Canadian is in Canada.

As for their releases, it's a tough go. Because we North Americans don't have much access to see the SEL, DEL, KHL, and other major European hockey leagues, there's not much enthusiasm here for the products that originate from Europe. Sure, if our guys from the NHL go to Europe during the lockout and get included, people may pursue those cards, but I don't see too many card shops looking to order cases of Swedish Elite League products.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Judging by the number of European members on the boards I think it's safe to say that it's a pretty big deal overseas. Many Finnish collectors out there are incredibly enthusiastic about their native-born sons that make it, as can be seen by how much a Jesse Joensuu rarity can fetch if two of the well-heeled collectors get into a bidding war. Guys like Selanne and Koivu are as well-revered over there as any Canadian is in Canada.

As for their releases, it's a tough go. Because we North Americans don't have much access to see the SEL, DEL, KHL, and other major European hockey leagues, there's not much enthusiasm here for the products that originate from Europe. Sure, if our guys from the NHL go to Europe during the lockout and get included, people may pursue those cards, but I don't see too many card shops looking to order cases of Swedish Elite League products.

Yeah, that is sort of what I thought. I was just wondering if there was some kind of access in the hockey "hotbed" parts of the US, or even in Canada. Memebr Sortguld PM'ed me about some of the Swedish product, which is what I am mainly interested in, so I will hopefully get some info from him as he is from Sweden.

I also have another question that you might be able to help me with...(I already posted something a bout it in the Inventory section), but how do you add cards to the inventory that the search can't find? My example being my Grant Fuhr rookie card

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Fuhr rookie card should be easy to find as he only has the one OPC RC. Just ensure that you've got your search parameters correct (Name, Sport, Year, etc.) and it should pop up with no issue. See below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RGM81; 12-29-2012 at 05:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fuhr rookie card should be easy to find as he only has the one OPC RC. Just ensure that you've got your search parameters correct (Name, Sport, Year, etc.) and it should pop up with no issue. See below.

Yeah, I thought that might be what happened. I am not at home where my cards are right now, and couldn't remember what year, or what type it was (it has been 20+ years since I have seen that stuff). I am heading home next week to break everything back out of the closet and start getting reacquainted! That is just one of the more valuable cards I remember having...

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice - I just had a similar experience about a month ago when I went into the crawlspace at my mom's house. Unearthed two boxes full of my old cards from the 80's and 90's. Some nifty stuff. Most of it probably not worth very much, but still nifty.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice - I just had a similar experience about a month ago when I went into the crawlspace at my mom's house. Unearthed two boxes full of my old cards from the 80's and 90's. Some nifty stuff. Most of it probably not worth very much, but still nifty.

Yeah, I am finding that my late 80's/early 90's stuff is not worth as much as I hoped it would have been, but I never really collected for monetary purposes any way. It was more of a connection to the game/players/history, and familial things. It is cool to come across a card worth money, but I don't see myself as one of those who will "play the game" exclusively to make money. I am a set builder for the most part, and also like to collect for my most favorite players and teams.