Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In The Game Customer Service (habitforming)

Rather than respond to the following post in a non-related thread, I thought it would be better to respond in a new post about In The Game's Customer Service.

Today habitforming posted the following:

"I had an issue with ITG CS dept as well and posted it on these boards. Dr. Price decided to "help" me out and get involved to try and find a solution. Instead of just taking care of it (which was the easiest route) Price turned it into something else entirely that didn't help, or have anything to do with, the initial problem at all. Now I don't have nor will I ever have any ITG products or singles. Hard to believe there are companies struggling to survive in this day and age when they treat paying customers so well huh?"

I think I have every right to respond to these threads. Perhaps habitforming you could post your name in this thread and we could review your issue for all to review and judge.

Sound like when you say "taking care of it" you mean that you should just send an email and we should just send you something rather than investigate.

Well i am willing to review it in this thread.

What is your name and let's review the situation.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you actually going to do something this time, or is this just a thread to shine some sun on what a great guy you are and appease your ego?

If airing your crap in an open forum is considered CS or even professional, why not Just post the 15-20 pm's we had back and fourth and be done with it?

SCF Rewards
    Country

First of all you made a claim in a public forum. I feel as a forum member I have the right to defend our position.

Do you think you have the right to made unsubstantiated claims against my company and myself without consequences.

I may just publish our PM's and let everyone know exactly what happened. If we were so wrong, you should have no problem with that.

I noticed you did not include your name in your reply. Why not?

I sign each of my emails with my name.

I am not a pinata, I have the right to confront my accusers, the same as anyone else.

Brian Price
    Last edited by bprice; 01-01-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling error

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unsubstantiated claim?

I stated a fact, as it happened and the result for me personally (not to touch another ITG product). I didn't state anything other wise, just shared my experience without going into detail. If you want to post the pm's go for it, I have nothing to hide.

The bulk of it was a late redemption (by 2 weeks if memory serves me right?) for a very high end card. After being told sorry about your luck I asked you if there was anything you could do to help or was I just S.O.L. as I was told. Instead you took all my info, and asked for scans of the card (seemingly like you were interested in helping or giving info) and then suddenly couldn't care less about the redemption and you wanted the name of the guy in your CS dept that said sorry about your luck. Admittedly I don't keep emails for very long and I couldn't remember his name, but then again I wouldn't tell you if I did know because him being in trouble or fired for something so small isn't something I want on my conscious.
    I understand you want to look as professional as possible in your CS dept, but you don't exactly do yourself any favours with your current actions either.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Still won't give your name for me to do some research and I am being unprofessional?

Not sure what redemption you are your discussing but you state it was late, so what was your issue?

If I took your information to try and help and after looking into the matter found that your redemption was late and that nothing could be done, what is wrong with that?

If anyone in my Customer Service Department acted inappropriately as you suggested, yes I would want to know their name and make sure that didn't happen again. What is wrong with that?

Remember you started this by posting in a public forum. I guess you felt that I would not defend myself and my company. Well your are wrong.

Are you going to post your name so I can do some research on the matter or just hide behind a screen name and throw stones?

It is not my intention to "do yourself any favours with your current actions either" My intent is to answer the post you made above.

I am confident in my Customer Service Department and how much I care about our customers/collectors and this hobby. That's why I will not let your post go unanswered.

You didn't want to get one of my employees in trouble "for something so small" but you certainly are making a BIG issue out of it.

You have been making negative posts about all our products since.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Country

Still won't give your name for me to do some research and I am being unprofessional?

Not sure what redemption you are your discussing but you state it was late, so what was your issue?

If I took your information to try and help and after looking into the matter found that your redemption was late and that nothing could be done, what is wrong with that?

If anyone in my Customer Service Department acted inappropriately as you suggested, yes I would want to know their name and make sure that didn't happen again. What is wrong with that?

Remember you started this by posting in a public forum. I guess you felt that I would not defend myself and my company. Well your are wrong.

Are you going to post your name so I can do some research on the matter or just hide behind a screen name and throw stones?

It is not my intention to "do yourself any favours with your current actions either" My intent is to answer the post you made above.

I am confident in my Customer Service Department and how much I care about our customers/collectors and this hobby. That's why I will not let your post go unanswered.

You didn't want to get one of my employees in trouble "for something so small" but you certainly are making a BIG issue out of it.

You have been making negative posts about all our products since.

Brian Price

The redemption was for a RNH gu card /10. Draft redemption

You have all my info as stated in my last post from the initial inquiry.

As for me making a big issue out of it, thats not true at all. I didn't care about the comment made by the CS employee, you did. You saw my post about what happened and what was said and approached me about it. My concern was the redemption and to see if anything can be done about it. As I said, I checked with you to see if it was possible still, that was it.

You told me that the cards didn't just sit there and wait for the redemptions to come in to be filled; you said they were made after the fact for each one that came in. I didn't think it was a big deal to fill the redemption since they all get made as per needed. Let's face it, we are talking about a post mark on an envelope for it to be considered "on time", but that's fine, your choice.

Since you don't have an NHL license and aren't really able to play on the same field as the other manufacturers, this is an easy way for your company to go further than the competition and actually redeem cards like this (that are made after the redemption comes in). Maybe the older unopened products would hold better value because the hobby knows the cards will actually be sent out after they are recieved. There is no major cost for doing it that way, and it would be something the others (UD, Panini) can't compete with because they actually produce the cards and use them as replacements after the redemptions expire.

As for making negative posts about your products since this event, I just have an opinion like everyone else. If you find it hard to take negative comments on products, stop making products or get thicker skin. You'll never make everyone happy.
    Last edited by Habitforming; 01-01-2013 at 01:48 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (132)
    Country

This is petty and lacks professionalism. This is obviously a personal matter between the 2 of you and to post it again in it's own thread is probably making matters worse.

Rather than respond to the following post in a non-related thread, I thought it would be better to respond in a new post about In The Game's Customer Service.
    Today habitforming posted the following:

"I had an issue with ITG CS dept as well and posted it on these boards. Dr. Price decided to "help" me out and get involved to try and find a solution. Instead of just taking care of it (which was the easiest route) Price turned it into something else entirely that didn't help, or have anything to do with, the initial problem at all. Now I don't have nor will I ever have any ITG products or singles. Hard to believe there are companies struggling to survive in this day and age when they treat paying customers so well huh?"

I think I have every right to respond to these threads. Perhaps habitforming you could post your name in this thread and we could review your issue for all to review and judge.

Sound like when you say "taking care of it" you mean that you should just send an email and we should just send you something rather than investigate.

Well i am willing to review it in this thread.

What is your name and let's review the situation.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bearlyjb's Items on eBay

First, I do appreciate especially in today's world that two parties are able to and do take advantage of communicating if not sharing with others their experiences.

Second, given the nature of "In the Game" as a company and their hockey related products, the openness by which ITG is willing to tackle and take on issues and complaints should be important to all of us. I fault neither Dr. Price nor "Habit Forming" for sharing their perspectives as customer services are important to all of us.

Third, I am a huge ITG product fan and must say that while I appreciate my Upper Deck, Parkhurst, Panini and other products - some of my finest Beliveau items come from ITG. I too have had opportunities to contact ITG customer service, albeit different circumstances than redemption issues, and I have always received professional and timely responses from ITG including direct responses from Dr. Price.

If anything, I think this thread helps remind us there are always two sides, and that no one side - consumer nor distributor/manufacturer is always 100% right. Rather, it is typically in the lack of effective communication, communication that is logically recorded and presented without alteration as facts. However eventually any solution (e.g., NHL Lockout and negotiations) takes compromise on two parties and ultimately effectively communication and tempered positions.

Bearlyjb

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (23)
    Country

I've had issues with CS for all 3 companies at different times. I'm sure we all have had less than desirable experiences with a customer service department before. Unfortunately, the days of "the customer is always right" are pretty much gone. Who do I blame? Both the companies and the customers. A small percentage of customers take advantage of customer-friendly policies forcing the company to change the way it works. Companies also have a tendency to swing too far in the other direction when reacting to perceived abuses. I was shorted a hit a few years ago in BTP. I emailed CS and was told that they saw hundreds of boxes opened at the Expo and all of them had the right number of hits or more. I offered to send them the receipts and have the store owner contact them to vouch for me (he watched me open every single pack). I was then told that they were sorry but they could not afford to send out cards every time someone claims to have been shorted. At first, I was pissed. I felt like I was being called a liar. After a few weeks, I realized that they were not calling me a liar but had to institute a policy because it was a situation that could easily have been abused. "Short story, long" (yes, I intended it that way), consumers will always be unhappy when they don't get their way (right or wrong) and businesses are always going to do what they think is necessary to be profitable (sometimes at the expense of some of their customers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I am closing this down, as nothing positive has or will come from this.