Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chrisborene's 2013 IP thread success

The autograph season has started for myself , on Saturday the 19 th I attended the l.a. Fit expo at the l.a. Convention center where I got many mma stars and former sd charger Shawn merriman. Here is the rundown of my auto/pic with haul.

the first mma star I met was Duane "bang" Ludwig , he was a friendly person and gladly signed 2 ufc trading cards, my 11x14 ufc pic I am collecting autos on, and signed a glc 2000 promo picture as well.

Next I ran into ufc legend bas rutten, I felt bad for him cause he was wearing this neck brace and said he just had 3 discs fused in his neck the previous Monday, what a trooper to even show up, well bas signed a ufc series 6 action figure as well as 2 event used cards he even told me he had donated 5 shirts for the certain products, and he had never seen one of the cards I had him sign.

met model/former playboy covergirl Vida guerra and took a pic with her.

Then met ufc legend don" the predator" frye he signed a ufc series 4 action figure and my ufc ring picture as well, on a side note listened to a q&a with frye and he says he is going to come out of retirement this year and fight in an mma match for some promotion somewhere.

then met ufc light heavyweight fighter Krzysztof soszynski and got him to sign 3 ufc base cards as well as my ufc ring picture and got a pic with him as well.

Lastly I got former San Diego charger Shawn merriman to sign a promo 8x10 at the booth he was signing and a pic with, didn't announce him till last Friday and since I was out of town I couldn't go back home and get a few of his nfl cards 😱

No siting of former major leaguers Jose canseco (who had attended the last 2 years) or Barry bonds (who had attended the previous year) so I was a tad bummed, had a rookie card of each just incase they were there but oh well.

---chrisborene

next event I will attend will the the 2nd annual dodgers fanfest, hopefully it will be way more organized than last year this coming Saturday.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See howiek1227's Items on eBay

What about 4x Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler? He was supposed to be there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What about 4x Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler? He was supposed to be there.

He sure was ,but he charges per sig, and I got a picture with him last year so I didn't feel the need to get a sig/pic with him

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesterday I decided to go to the 2nd annual dodgers fanfest, in all it was more organized than last year but about 5x as busier, the autograph line was insane literally more than 5000 in line to get a wristband,unless you were a season ticket holder, I heard they had chances to get more than one players auto.
    So here is the total of what I got,

with the help of a friend , I was able to get 2/2 from new South Korean pitcher Hyun-Jin ryu, wasn't sure how hard he would be to try to get from the year so I'd get the sure thing right now, got him to sign my 2x2.5 foot dodger poster which now stands at 83 signatures, and got him to sign a 3x4 foot canvas print of dodger stadium which is my new project I'm starting on.

next of the autograph docket, ufc 157 weekend in Anaheim,CA! Hopefully they will have an event at the ufc gym in corona,ca , they usually tend to, and I'm moving like less than 2 blocks from it.

thanks for reading
    ---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

My next autograph adventure took me out to Anaheim,ca to the ufc 157 octagon nation tour this past Saturday , many mma stars with the main one appearing being ufc hof Matt Hughes. So here are my results.

First up I got Matt hughes to sign and complete my ufc 79 DVD cover previously signed by gsp, wanderlei silva, and chuck liddell. Also signed my ufc ring picture ( which now has 14 sigs)

then got 2 newly signed ufc women to sign my ufc ring picture, Sara McCann and Alexis Davis.

then also got ufc heavyweight fighter Travis Browne to sign my ufc ring pic

lastly got ufc star Erik "goyito" Perez to sign my ufc ring pic and signed a fox deportes ufc promo pic

Also got pics with each person mentioned, then went to put all auto supplies in my car before I went in to ufc 157 for the evening, which turned out to be a mistake cause I could have got one of the people from the card on my ufc 157 poster I bought earlier in the day.

after the show I walked almost directly into heavyweight lavar Johnson, since I didn't get an autograph from him, I got a picture with him.

and that's my haul for the day

next autograph opportunity for me probably graphing the dodgers in San Diego in April, but I'm sure something will come up before then

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today I decided to trek out to the high a minor league affiliate for the San Diego padres (lake Elsinore storm) they held their first annual fan fest, didn't know what to expect playerwise but the coaching staff has 3 former major leaguers (Shawn Wooten, David newhan, and Brian Lawrence) so I figure with them I would do good.

here is my haul
    a complete team signed practice used ball signed by the whole team 25 players and all 3 mentioned coaches as well as

shawn Wooten signed 3/3 cards one with an 02 ws inscription as requested and david newhan signed 2/2 cards and Brian Lawrence signed 1/1 cards

and all these autographs were obtained within 35 minutes not too bad

Next week will be graphing the dodgers when they visit sd, graphing at their hotel and at the game on 4/10

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm a few days late with this report but here is my re-cap of autographing the dodgers on 4/10

first graphing outside the hotel I was turned down by Kershaw and ethier who both said they would sign inside the stadium(which they did- only tried inside with Kershaw and he skipped over me 2 times) also got turned down 1 on 1 with nick punto, missed out on paco Rodriguez and Adrian Gonzales who I missed by literally 5 seconds.

The day graphing outside the hotel did have a couple popositives I got Zach greinke and josh Beckett to sign my dodger poster, with greinke being a great signing suprise( I know of his social anxiety disorder and he was very awkward when signing( looked at all of us like we were crazy) but signed for all but 2 people that were waiting, and Beckett was nice enough to sign for all who walked with him by the player entrance, also got Kenley Jansen to sign a 2010 Topps update gold rookie card.

Inside the stadium was not as good as I have previously experienced but was plenty happy with what I got ( despite not getting Kershaw inside)
    Got Luis Cruz to sign a practice ball he tossed me before a game last yr, and got Carl Crawford to sign my dodger poster( asked him before he started practicing and said he would after) after he was done he was a man of his word and came to me and my poster first

so overall i think I got more quality with my autographing rather than quantity, and sorry to hear greinke got hurt the next night , Quentin should have been suspended at least 25+ games for causing physical injury. Where it was an accident or not, never should you charge a player as he did.
    And my dodger poster now stands at 86 autographs

next graphing opportunity-- possibly if Hanley does a rehab in Rancho Cucamonga ,ca or going to a dodger game in LA next month

GO BIG BLUE IN '13

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesterday I went to watch the high a affiliate of la dodgers (rancho Cucamonga quakes) as they were doing the Matt kemp bobblehead night that they gave away at dodger stadium earlier in the week, so basically only came with cards for one former dodger player pitching coach Matt herges and he did not disappoint.

matt herges 3/3 cards was real pleasant about signing multiples,so was very happy with my end reresults not sure what my next adventure will be sports wise ( most likely 6/21 dodgers vs padres in sd)

I am going to try to autograph at the hangover 3 premiere on Monday , don't know what to expect, but it's worth a try.

go big blue

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

My next autograph journey led me to petco park to autograph the dodgers pre game and at their hotel here is what I ended up with

first I got Rick Honeycutt to sign a 1979 Topps and 1985 Topps card, he is always cool about signing and will usually sign multiples, next relief pitcher Peter moylan signed my dodger poster ( which is now up to 87 autographs on it)
    next I got backup catcher Tim federowicz to sign a 2009 bowman dp rookie card and a 2012 Topps rookie card, but when one fan didn't have something to sign I gave up my 12' Topps card to the guy, tim was cool with that and asked if I had anger item I wanted signed , so I started work on my 3x4 foot canvas print that was previously signed by hyun-Jin Ryun, and got him to sign that., and then after about a 3 hr period before I called it quits for outside the stadium, I got Jerry Hairston jr to sign the canvas print picture I had.

so kinda a rough day for outside, I've had much better successes with the dodgers outside before , and I've had one worse, so you can never count on anything when autographing, and that's what makes it fun and exciting for me when you do autograph.

inside the stadium now, within 5 minutes I got dodger color commentator and former major leaguer, Steve "psycho" Lyons to sign an 89 fleer and 90 UD card, also included the psycho inscription without even asking,
    next I got pitcher Ted Lilly to sign my canvas print, i think holding extremely huge items has helped me out with my autographing the dodgers, and this is a prime example, as I was the first one to get my item signed by him.
    next I got former mgr of the royals and current bench coach for the dodgers trey hillman to sign 2 2009 Topps cards for me.
    and lastly I got Luis Cruz to sign my canvas print for me which now stands at 5 autographs on it.

as for the non successes Clayton Kershaw did not sign, but at least he denied politely which is fine cause I knew he was pitching that daday matt kemp said "naw" to some fans who asked him, maybe he was concentrating on rehabbing in aaa starting today, and I got passed over by Hanley Ramirez for my 2nd time in a row going to petco, and skip schumaker also did his name"skip" over my sign, but it's cool, it's all in a days' attempt when autographing,

go big blue!!!

next autographing chance will be most likely in Rancho Cucamonga 7/12 when they they are giving the same Andre ethier bobblehead they will at the stadium this yr, will have to do a lil research to see if any minor leaguers have cards out, oh and pitching coach Matt herges - former dodger is there.

---chrisborene

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to the Rancho Cucamonga quakes minor league game last night, it was Andre ethier quakes bobblehead night for the first 1500 in attendance so I'd figure I'd get a couple easy autographs from minor leaguer Okoyea Dickson signed a topps minor league card, and coach Matt herges signed 3/3 cards with a gold sharpie(they sparkle on the card and look quite good) also got him to sign my new pet project a 3x4 ft dodger stadium canvas print now signed by 6 former or current dodgers

---chrisborene

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast