Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

C'mon USPS, get it together...

So below are pictures of my TTM return from NBA Commish David Stern and Deputy (Incoming Commish) Adam Silver (I was going to send the dual pics back out to Silver after Stern but he just had Silver sign the ones I sent which saves me postage.) Speaking of postage...the pictures below speak for themselves. Wondering if you guys know of any remedies for this. I live in an apartment so our mailboxes are small BUT we have a front desk that takes packages 24/7 and my mailguy has given these exact same envelopes to the desk before. I want to file a complaint against this guy because he has also delivered my mail to the wrong box twice (that I know of). BAH just thought others here could share my pain and listen to me complain..there was a piece of cardboard in there so he had to actually forcefully bend the hell out of it and the do not bend labels are on both sides and even say "Please"!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

USPS takes zero accountability on anything. They do whatever they like. We all feel your pain man, it has happen to most of us here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

unfortunately if you complain, your next one will likely be rolled into a ball

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a nice mail person that all the large envelopes get dropped off at the door.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe it wasn't your regular mailman on that day. We get alot of subs these days that delivers the mail. And they probably do not not care who gets what. There are a lot of times i think i am missing mail.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I had the exact same thing happened to me and one of the supervisors at my local post office told me in no uncertain terms to suck it up and deal with it.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See N/A's Items on eBay

The post office sucks. They have government benefits, most of them have no idea what it takes to actually work in a real economy, and virtually all of them I've ever met provide inadequate, if not completely inept service. Other than that, I like them just fine.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I had the exact same thing happened to me and one of the supervisors at my local post office told me in no uncertain terms to suck it up and deal with it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will always say that you get what you give. We have a large mailbox and a very nice mail lady. Just like you tip a waitress when you eat out and get better service when you frequent the same eating establishment, you can also get better service by tipping your mail person. Yes, for us that sometimes is a Christmas card with a small gift card in it or even some baked goods around a holiday. It might seem silly, but we have even brought her out a cup of coffee in the winter if we pass her coming up our road when it is cold out. She will even pull in our drive and honk her horn should she have larger packages that will not fit in our mailbox. Just like everyone else these folks have long days and can get frustrated with what they do for a living. Customers who show them respect and make a few nice gestures can make their job more enjoyable and yes can lead to you having less bent items. Just like everything else in life it becomes better when you build positive relationships. I am sure that there are many more folks around the boards who have great service from their post office and a wonderful relationship with their carrier.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've had it happen quite a few times too man. It's frustrating. But at the same time, I'm not the only house on their route and if they took extreme care with every envelope they would never finish their route. Is it aggravating? Absolutely. Is it worth throwing a fit and filing a complaint? Perhaps, depending on what it was that got damaged. Is there anything you should do? Try talking to him nicely and asking (PLEASE helps) if he would mind sticking large envelopes elsewhere. Explain what it is in the envelopes, he may be cool about it. My mailman damaged a baseball (yes the BALL!) before, and the next day I told him what is in the envelopes and asked if he would please not jam it in my mailbox. Turns out he's a big baseball fan as well, and a collector too. He said he didn't even know mailing balls out for graphs was possible. He agreed to open my screen door and put all balls in between my screen door and front door if I told him what website I get addresses from lol. So he may actually be reading this now that I think about it. Thanks Steve! You do great buddy! This new routine is MUCH better! Lol...mail carriers are just people man. Be pleasant and ask them for a different method of delivery. And I agree with the person above about giving them a gift card/coffee etc. Kill them with kindness!! Good luck man!
    (they have damaged autos from: Wade Boggs-that was the ball-, Geno Auriemma, Urban Meyer and Pat Fitzgerald. It's beyond aggravating. But it's all apart of the risk we take in this hobby. I'm also convinced that my Koji Uehara ball grew legs and jumped out of my mailbox and got lost wandering around my neighborhood. No way did that ball get stolen and Uehara HAD a high success rate when I sent it!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast