Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

UPS Delivery Day from D&A - 4 Contenders plus others - sweet PC hit!

Hey, guys and gals! I'm not one to post my breaks much, but these were such sweet boxes of Contenders that I just had to show them. Bought a bunch from D&A from their end of the year sale, including 4 of the combo deals with the Contenders box, Zenith blaster and Score R/T set for $54 each, one box of SPGU (still horrible even at $110) and some others. PM or post if you see anything you need.

The Bad:

11/12 SPGU. Yes, I should have known better, but I haven't busted a box of this since it first came out in 00/01. I couldn't see it getting much lower than $110, so I decided to scratch the itch! Ugh.
    Base: Thomas, Ward, Kovalchuk, Lundqvist, Lemieux, Lecavalier
    Gold Base: Roloson 90/100
    RC: all /699 Bouma, Erixon, Holmstrom, Horak, Palushaj, Smith-Pelly
    Authentic Fabrics: Price, Alfredsson, Getzlaf, Toews, Semin (Silver version 60/100 - not sure why Beckett puts these first in the guide, please enlighten me if I'm missing something)
    Rookie Exclusives Auto: Sateri 12/100

Pretty brutal!

The So-So:

07/08 O Canada. Hard to get a really bad box of this and there are some sweet hits - just not this time!
    Autos: Sostorics and Torquato
    Jersey: Couture (2-color)
    plus you always seem to get a complete set from a box! Nicely executed by ITG.

10/11 Score R/T sets - 4 plus one bonus. Thinking about trying to put together the Gold parallel to this set.
    Autos: Dalpe, Shattenkirk x2, Cole, Byron

Zenith blasters - 4 total. Essentially free when you get the combo deal, so pretty much whatever you get is a bonus in my mind.
    RC: Mursak, Pielmeier
    Red Hot: Iginla
    Crease is the Word: Lehtonen
    EPIX Materials: Ryan O'Reilly 69/100, Tomas Tatar 48/100
    Mosaics: Devils (dinged corner, grrr)
    Rookie Roll Call Materials: Ennis
    Winter Warriors Materials: Regin

09/10 OPC. I always snag a box of this since I am working on the Retro set, but this one had no auto or memorabilia cards. McElhinney Blank Back.

12/13 OPC. I've been lucky so far, but this time came up empty - no auto or logo patch. Priced right, though!

The Good:

Four boxes of Contenders, which have now officially become my favorite product of 11/12!

In order of worst to best:

Box One:

/999: Kopitar, Messier, Nilsson
    NHL Ink: Hartikainen
    RC Auto /800: Erixon

JVR Auto Patch 57/100

Box Two:

/999: Letang, Stamkos, Bouma, Thang
    NHL Ink: Moore
    RC Auto /800: Diaz and Landeskog (!)

Calder Contenders Silver David Ullstrom 82/100

Box Three:

/999: Duchene, Malkin, Ekholm
    NHL Ink: Eakin (geez, how many of these did he sign?)
    RC Auto /800: Nemisz (redemption)

And this little beauty:

Normally that would be the highlight of any break, except for the beautiful PC hit below:

Box Four:

/999: Luongo, Joseph, Vandevelde
    NHL Ink: Clutterbuck (yeesh!)
    RC Auto /800: Klingberg

And holy moley I did a little happy dance when I saw this:

In all my years of pack-busting, that's actually the first Sakic auto I've hand-pulled AND if you look closely, it's his jersey number 19/100! I wish they'd put a better patch on it, but to me it's still perfect!

Thanks for looking, everyone, and lmk how you think I did!

Paul

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Colorado Avalanche
    See avalanche_kenny47's Items on eBay

I pulled the Landeskog the other week and danced. If I would have gotten the Sakic as well, I would have done a backflip. Are you kidding me? #19/100? Awesome to see. Congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Congrats on an awesome break! You did very well. I also got one of those combo packs from D&A (Score R&T, Zenith blaster, Contenders) and found it would be a lot of fun and good value for the money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

sick booklet hit! and nice sakic, always sweet to pull an awesome PC item let alone jersey numbered!!

if the Hartikainen is FT shoot me a PM :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(20)
    Country
    See mojobreaks's Items on eBay

nice contenders

that plain white patch actually looks nice on that card, they've definitely done a good job with the contenders patch autos

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just sick!!!

Congrats.

I have a few Sakic cards available if you need them for your pc

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I loved conteders so much I opened a case of it. Its awsome bang for your buck and many packs of fun! Best product od 11-12 by far IMO
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just sick!!!

Congrats.

I have a few Sakic cards available if you need them for your pc

PM sent

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

Awesome stuff there! You did great. That Sp game Used box was brutal though. I can't help opening them every so often though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I really did know better, after seeing awful break after awful break here and on Youtube, but SPGU has always had a special place in my heart after I busted sooooo much of it in 2000/01. Every year I want to open some and every year I hold back. That crappy break oughtta hold me for another 5-6 years at least!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast