Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

School led prayer is a ridiculous notion. No student gets punished for praying in a school, so what is this guy's problem?

SCF Rewards
    Country

To the average person, yes. But Alex is so anti religion because of his situation in life I believe.

I'm pretty sure I can speak for myself, so I'll go ahead and do so...

I'm anti-religion because it is detrimental to society and in the vastly technological world that we live in Bronze age mythology isn't needed.

There is a public school in Cambridge Mass that Muslim students can use for prayer. Is that wrong?
    Is it wrong that a school brought students on a field trip to a mosque, seperated the children by sex and then they watched the men pray?

Yes those are wrong too. But if you bring these things up you are the bad person.

Consistancy is what I want.

Are you implying that I wouldn't attack Islam?

Because, I've stated in the past that to me christianity and islam are almost identical and the only reason why most radical Christians don't behave like radical Muslims is due to our secular government.

I obviously would object to the example you posted.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

There is a public school in Cambridge Mass that Muslim students can use for prayer. Is that wrong?
    Is it wrong that a school brought students on a field trip to a mosque, seperated the children by sex and then they watched the men pray?

Yes those are wrong too. But if you bring these things up you are the bad person.

Do you have links to stories about these? I'm not doubting you at all, I'd just like to read more on it. I agree with you though, no school-led prayer rules need to be consistently enforced.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

To the average person, yes. But Alex is so anti religion because of his situation in life I believe. The same reason I am anti illegal alien...because of a personal life situation. Yes I am called a racist.

My comment was geared towards Alex and not pareyer in school. Prayer should not be a school led function.

What a person from the GOP wants just will not happen. Same with over turning Roe V Wade or taking away the 2nd ammendment.

I think alex sees a difference in public schools without religion and schools that teach atheism. Would have to get him to weigh in, but I've never read a post that I can remember of him saying schools or other public government programs should push atheism or any other belief that rejects god.

I agree that a politician wanting religion in school won't get that passed more than likely, but that's not to say that any GOP politician wouldn't get something they want passed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

did you mean to say the school has a room for them to use or a school allows muslims to come in and worship after school hours. I've heard of the later because of religious buildings being destroyed somehow. I have no problem with that no matter the religion. I also don't think I'd have an issue of a room in a school for worship as long as it didn't segregate or only allowed one type of religion to use said room.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I'm anti-religion because it is detrimental to society and in the vastly technological world that we live in Bronze age mythology isn't needed.

so we should not teach anything about religion or how human life began, no way to prove either.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

so we should not teach anything about religion or how human life began, no way to prove either.

I like this post because I completely disagree with it. Try to follow me here.

I do not think there should be school led or forced prayer in schools. However, I don't believe schools should be a religion free zone either. I would L.O.V.E. to see more religion in schools, quite frankly. Trips to a locl Mosque were mentioned before as one of those things that you can't be against or you're racist. That doesn't make banning forced prayer in school a double standard. What it does make a double standard is not also going to a Catholic church, a Protestant church, a Synagogue, etc, etc. I think society could benefit from religious beliefs being taught for what they are. Beliefs. The fact that no one in America seems to be able to differentiate "teaching" from "indoctrination" (and both sides are guilty), so everyone gives up and says nothing for anybody.
    I love the idea of a Prayer Room where kids of any or no religion can go to pray, read the bible/torah/koran/what have you, or whatever. It teaches religious harmony, though I'm sure someone will say, "Not everyone will learn that lesson. All or nothing. Not worth doing."
    Separation of church and state does not mean religious belief can't touch anything government. It means no laws will be made solely on the basis of any one religion. It means when your kids go to school they won't be forced to pray to a God they, and you, do not believe in (thereby taking part in blasphemy). Not that no one is to pray on government property. That's why, while I'm against people who want forced prayer in the schools, I'm also against stuff like the Ten Commandments being taken off the wall in courtrooms. It's not a symbol of religion, it's a symbol of order and law. The fact so many can't even make the distinction between the two is proof enough for me that religion classes could do America a WORLD of good.

So, thanks Jay. I completely disagree with your post. Or rather, I completely agree but in the opposite direction.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think alex sees a difference in public schools without religion and schools that teach atheism. Would have to get him to weigh in, but I've never read a post that I can remember of him saying schools or other public government programs should push atheism or any other belief that rejects god.

Indeed, I wouldn't want schools to teach atheism either.

You can talk about it just like you can talk about Christianity, Judaism, Islam and any other religion but you should not be allowed to actually teach it as if it were fact.

A public school is a place of education not a church, it's just that simple.

Anyone that doesn't like this, is free to remove their kids and place them in private religious schools if they wish to do so.

The MAIN problem (I believe) with these people is Science class.

This is where the war has been waged.....they have tried very desperately to include "Intelligent design" as a counter argument to evolution, cosmology, and other theories they despise.

The problem is that "Intelligent design" (AKA Creationism) is NOT science, it is straight up religion and it does not belong in school.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, that was my point, it is impossible to leave both out

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not in elementary school.

Religion should be an adult decision, no different than drinking, voting, etc. Our past societies barely used the principles of a functioning cortex in making social decisions, all of them based on illogical absence of fact and all portending towards a life of damnation if not adhered to.

The building blocks of life are taught in the Sciences, DNA is touched on in many elementary school lectures. Holy ghosts are not discussed for the simple fact that they don't exist.

I hate having to keep bringing fact to arguments. I don't have an imaginary friend that I insist you believe in, sorry.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast