Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

How long did it or would it take you to organize your PC

My PC is in a complete mess right now. I only have about 3 albums organized the rest in scattered in between a bunch of boxes. How long did it take you to organize your PC if it is not organized how much time do you think it will take? I have my cards all over the place I think I would need at least a week off work and an empty house to get everything organized the way I want it.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mods please change to How long. Sorry for the typo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think you can edit thread titles yourself. As for the question it would probably take a normal person several hours but I would take longer because whenever I go through it I get lost in the memories and get sidetracked.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    bench(474)
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees
    My traders on Flickr

I am a very orgainzed person to begin with so I started out with a system and stuck with it. However, I only update my cards bi-weekly so they sit around for a week or so before they are stored in their final home. That takes about 30 minutes or so depending on how many cards I have.

Dewayne

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

Took me a few months. I have all my hockey sorted by teams and then alphabetized by player. So took a while to load it all into the inventory manager. Wish I had been able to do it by sets, then I could have a price idea on another site. Cause I'm trying to move it all.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See murtaugh_2388's Items on eBay

I got the same problem, I got cards all over the place, it's just very hard finding the time to do it all at the same time. I've just been plugging away a little bit at at time after the little one goes to bed. I am also trying to plan for an overseas move that is a little nerve wrecking, not sure what I'm doing with the collection. But if you don't think you have the time to do it all at once, just try working on little sections here and there and eventually it will all come together

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

oh Veggie I here ya, I need probably a month off of work and no kids for the same time period. So for about 5 years I had been buying lot after lot and box after box. I basically have about 1 million cards. So I started on a mission about 1 year ago, trying to get commons sorted by set, cards that book 4 or higher in Monster boxes by sport and Auto, GU, RC sorted by player......It has been a nightmare........I have a room in the basement that is floor to wall cards and trust me when I tell you it gets worse before it gets better. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but I would say a solid 2 years of taking free time is going to be how long it is going to take.

Oh and if you are married, it might take 4 years, as my wife isn't ready to hear, "What??? there's a leak in the bathroom, sorry honey I have to organize my cards!!!" That doesn't go over very well, trust me I have tried it!

SCF Rewards
    Country

oh Veggie I here ya, I need probably a month off of work and no kids for the same time period. So for about 5 years I had been buying lot after lot and box after box. I basically have about 1 million cards. So I started on a mission about 1 year ago, trying to get commons sorted by set, cards that book 4 or higher in Monster boxes by sport and Auto, GU, RC sorted by player......It has been a nightmare........I have a room in the basement that is floor to wall cards and trust me when I tell you it gets worse before it gets better. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but I would say a solid 2 years of taking free time is going to be how long it is going to take.

Oh and if you are married, it might take 4 years, as my wife isn't ready to hear, "What??? there's a leak in the bathroom, sorry honey I have to organize my cards!!!" That doesn't go over very well, trust me I have tried it!

Ha ha, I feel you on the marriage thing. If my wife had her way all of my cards would be completely organized in the county landfill.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See juggernautjake137's Items on eBay

I find organizing my collection is not a one time thing. I organize it and then invariably get behind again. Plus, I change my mind from time to time on how it should be organized. What goes in the display cases and what goes in storage? It's always changing, evolving depending on my mood and tastes.

Lately, I've had a few friends get robbed, so my thoughts have been more on how to protect it. I organized it (which took about 2 months) and put all of my high dollar stuff in safe deposit boxes. The wife works at the bank, so I get one free box and a small discount on more. Still sets me back over a $100 a year, but the relief from knowing it is safe and secure is worth it. No worries about fires, floods, robbery, etc.

The remainder of the home collection is now in disarray, but I'm separating it by sport and team. Then I have spots for ebay fs and COMC fs, so whenever I decide to part with one, I know where it's at and can easily find it when I have to ship it.

I'd like to get a safe for the rest of my desirables, but good ones are expensive and there are way too many cards and fun stuff to spend my money on!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah safety deposit boxes are good for protection but they also defeat the purpose of buying cards/memorbillia. They are supposed to be there to look at for enjoyment not to be locked away in a box somewhere never to be seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast